Notices

Drowning

Old 03-20-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

If you feel like you have tried everything and you are hopeless....

Try God...

Just Google the Lord's Prayer...say it...try as hard as you can to have a teenie bit of faith in the words of the prayer...you can be changed instantly...

If you don't have God....you have the other guy...the bad one...

Give the prayer a chance....that is the mystery of faith...

That is all God needs....

He can take the urges away...just like He did for Bill W. In the BB.

What have you got to lose?
Old 03-20-2016, 09:37 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Kaily,
We'll be here when you get back.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:09 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

What needs to change in order for you to stop drinking? If the answer is physical withdrawal, or the fear of physical withdrawal, then the solution is simple: supervised detox. If that is the problem, then getting safely detoxed and sober is the only thing that you need to focus on right now. If there is no physical withdrawal, or if there is, once you are safely detoxed, what can you do differently to try to get free from this addiction? You have stated that AA isn't doing it for you, so maybe look into Rational Recovery or SMART Recovery. There are great introductions to both programs in the "Secular Recovery" section of this forum. Also, a one on one addiction counselor might be a good option to consider. Inpatient therapy or intensive out-patient therapy are other options. My only point is that I had to go through the list of recovery resources before I found the tools I needed to make a plan that got me out of my relapse cycle. Keep posting, and look around the other areas of this forum to see recovery options. Sobriety is attainable, and it doesn't have to be a fight to the death if you find the pieces that you need to make this work for you.

Best of luck. But you don't need luck, because you can do this.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:39 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
I just need help or I will die, can't stop drinking and Nearly stopped trying now ....
You won't die or drown. We will help you! For the moment we are your life raft. Keep posting. Things will soon be better. Just believe. You will be happier than you have ever been. Believe....!

W.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Do your best

What Painter just said Kaily let us be your life raft
Old 03-21-2016, 11:31 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Kaily: Nearly 24 hours have passed. Are you on our life raft? If not, please climb aboard. It will not be as tough as you think. Get good medical advice and stick with it. It will get better soon. Promise. You are not alone. You have us. We have been where you are right now. You can do this! Take our hand and hold on!

W.