Notices

Low Mood

Old 03-19-2016, 02:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Low Mood

I thinking im coming off another pink cloud! Ive been feeling so happy and content recently. Now I feel bored and fed up! The urge to do something completely spontanous or reckless is overwhelming! (I ought to stay away from the hairdressers lol) I hate feeling this way. I just dont know whats up with me! The fact Im premenstural may have something to do with it. I just wanna feel happy and feel that natural adrenline rush I have had in sobriety. Anyway I cant get to a 10am meeting this morning, but def getting to one tonight. I hate this feeling!! One the reasons I drank was to escape boredom I think (actually to be honest I drank on any kind of emotion) Need to get this out there!
Old 03-19-2016, 03:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you're feeling blue right now. Totally get how you want to feel that new sober energy zinging through your body at all times. I've come down with a bug that's been doing the rounds and it basically feels like I'm experiencing the morning after without the night before. So unfair!

But it's nice to know that I'll bounce back again soon enough. And unlike hangovers I don't need to feel anxious about what I got up to last night. I'll be honest, that I hoped quitting drinking would mean I'd never be sick again, or would never feel down again, but I'm realising that might have been a bit unrealistic

Boredom is something people write about on these forums a lot. So much of our life was consumed with alcohol that it can take a while to figure out how to fill that time with something more productive. The good news is that almost anything is a more productive use of your time.

I won't try listing suggestions for new activities. Everyone's personalities are different. But in my case, I now find I don't have enough hours in the day to fit in everything I want to do. On top of my current job, I'm taking evening classes with the goal of a possible new career. I'm learning another instrument and am in a band. I try and go for a long walk every day. Got the kids to help look after. Got some box sets I want to watch. Books to read. Songs to write. I try not to think of all the things I could have accomplished already in life if I hadn't spent so long sitting on bar stools staring at pints.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you got anything planned to do today blueberry x
Old 03-19-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Have you got anything planned to do today blueberry x
No x I was gonna book a hairdressers appointment see if they can fit me in today, then I was gonna go shopping but I just cant seem to motivate myself. I am quite tired tho, had a very busy working week and could do with a rest. I may read I think, get some quiet time and relax x
Old 03-19-2016, 03:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OpenTuning View Post
Sorry to hear you're feeling blue right now. Totally get how you want to feel that new sober energy zinging through your body at all times. I've come down with a bug that's been doing the rounds and it basically feels like I'm experiencing the morning after without the night before. So unfair!

But it's nice to know that I'll bounce back again soon enough. And unlike hangovers I don't need to feel anxious about what I got up to last night. I'll be honest, that I hoped quitting drinking would mean I'd never be sick again, or would never feel down again, but I'm realising that might have been a bit unrealistic

Boredom is something people write about on these forums a lot. So much of our life was consumed with alcohol that it can take a while to figure out how to fill that time with something more productive. The good news is that almost anything is a more productive use of your time.

I won't try listing suggestions for new activities. Everyone's personalities are different. But in my case, I now find I don't have enough hours in the day to fit in everything I want to do. On top of my current job, I'm taking evening classes with the goal of a possible new career. I'm learning another instrument and am in a band. I try and go for a long walk every day. Got the kids to help look after. Got some box sets I want to watch. Books to read. Songs to write. I try not to think of all the things I could have accomplished already in life if I hadn't spent so long sitting on bar stools staring at pints.
Yes your right, I need to recognise that im not going to feel happy all the time!
Old 03-19-2016, 04:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blueberry2015 View Post
I thinking im coming off another pink cloud! Ive been feeling so happy and content recently. Now I feel bored and fed up! The urge to do something completely spontanous or reckless is overwhelming! (I ought to stay away from the hairdressers lol) I hate feeling this way. I just dont know whats up with me! The fact Im premenstural may have something to do with it. I just wanna feel happy and feel that natural adrenline rush I have had in sobriety. Anyway I cant get to a 10am meeting this morning, but def getting to one tonight. I hate this feeling!! One the reasons I drank was to escape boredom I think (actually to be honest I drank on any kind of emotion) Need to get this out there!
bring this up at the meeting.

i think its a good thing life isnt always a pink cloud.
i look at recovery like a rollercoaster ride.in early recovery that roller coaster had some peaks(pink clouds) and some serious drops into valleys(depression and life).
as time went on, i worked the steps and learned how to live life on lifes terms. that roller coasters peaks and valleys got closer together. my roller coaster ride isnt a straight level ride and i dont think id want that for 2 reasons:
its what i was trying to achieve when drunk/stoned.
i think of a heart monitor and what a straight line means on it.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hope this cheers you up xx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
87904_laught6_5.jpg (64.8 KB, 69 views)
Old 03-19-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Open Turning is right, I thought I drank because I was bored and convinced myself of it.

It wasn't boredom since I have replaced drinking with new activities it seems I never have enough time.

Time was wasted and consumed by drinking and the excuse was boredom. Hard to accomplish much when drunk.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

Have you gotten any phone numbers at those meetings? Call someone. Ask them to coffee and go chat!
Old 03-19-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
i think of a heart monitor and what a straight line means on it.
I like this analogy, thanks for sharing this, it does make sense!
Old 03-19-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sorry you are feeling blue, but better than hungover and blue. There are days like today where I have a ton of energy, but others when my ass is dragging and feels like there is no point in getting out of bed. Still, I don't smell like wine or feel sweaty during any day, so that's a plus. Glad you came here and will talk about it at a meeting today.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Im just back for a meeting and shared and shared the absoulte insane idea of wanting some weed last night, I feel so so so much better and on a natural high Love AA it does miracles I swear!