Notices

Secrets keep you sick

Old 03-17-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Secrets keep you sick

I have been very honest since starting my journey in sobriety. In the wake of the events that happened this weekend, I found myself in an old way of thinking. I panicked and didn't want to hear grief from others and lied to my sponsor and my best friend about where I stayed after the big blowup this weekend. I told my sponsor I stayed at my friend's house and I told my friend I stayed at my sponsors. I stayed here. At ground zero. I am already stressed with a child and tough schedule and just didn't want upset that already delicate balance. My anxiety has been through the roof and I only hurt myself. I have since admitted my wrongdoings and got the slap on the wrist I deserved. My anxiety was lifted.
Part of this healing is the ability to be honest. With yourself and with others. The way I felt after going back to my old ways of lying and manipulating was disgusting. The stress that put me under made me physically ill. Be honest. If you mess up and lie, come clean. It is so much easier to tell the truth. Have a beautiful, sober day.

Jennifer
Old 03-17-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Are you planning on continuing to stay there ?
Old 03-17-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Noooooooo. I am waiting for my dad's help w a vehicle. I don't have a pot to **** in at the moment. I've got papers in for assistance. Just playing the waiting game.

Jennifer
Old 03-17-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry if that was a bit direct CG fwiw I'm so with you making this decision x
Old 03-17-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't know your partner but I still want to warn you that leaving a bad relationship can sometimes be the most dangerous time for a woman, depending on if he is abusive. Have a plan in place in case you need to flee. He might not let go without causing another big scene. Be safe. Glad you have a good friend and sponsor and that you aren't drinking over this.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Honesty is always the easier path in the long run, isn't it?

You're in my thoughts and prayers, Jennifer. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jennifer, I'm sending good thoughts your way and I hope your situation is resolved soon.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Jennifer, you're in my thoughts and prayers. Staying strong and sober during this trying time will continue to serve you well. Hugs to you!!
Old 03-17-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
I don't know your partner but I still want to warn you that leaving a bad relationship can sometimes be the most dangerous time for a woman, depending on if he is abusive. Have a plan in place in case you need to flee. He might not let go without causing another big scene. Be safe. Glad you have a good friend and sponsor and that you aren't drinking over this.
^^^^This. Be careful, especially if guns are present. Take care!