Notices

day 4 and i want to use

Old 03-17-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
My perceptions cloud things. Meetings weren't for me when I was still stuck in my addiction. They did tend to help my mind focus on the negative.

When I was finally done drinking and using, those meetings came in handy.

Rational Recovery, SMART, AVRT, Life Ring, SOS, Women for Sobriety among other programs work well, when we want to stay stopped more than we want to drink/use. Find something that works for you and work it well!!!!

I know for me every time I picked back up, things did get worse and worse.

Hugs and Love sent to you! You CAN stay stopped today!!
OUR PERCEPTION IS OUR REALITY!! Say that a thousand times fast. I am not trying to push any recovery method, but just know normal people bring in baggage - addicts usually bring in everything AND the dam kitchen sink.

Breaking down those walls and trying new thing (trust me not talking about going to a meeting etc., but finding SOMETHING) was so KEY for me. Getting out of my own crap - trying to help others really worked for me. I guess that is why I try to stay off these threads - normally you can't convince someone their perception is their reality when they don't want to hear it, but after a LOOONG time in this game it is true for most.

You could be eating the same sh*t sandwich day after day, but if you can accept where you are and start making forward progress (versus status quo or going backwards) you just might be amazed where it can take you! Negativity normally breeds negativity and Positivity, positivity in my world
Old 03-17-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi, Im like you and not into meetings much but you coming here was a great move. This place helped me like I cant discribe and will be forever grateful. Keeping busy is a good idea and little hobbies can save the day. I have to admit I use to color a lot when I first started with cravings. Whatever it takes to change the thought. Keep coming back , ppl here are Always willing to help. Good Luck .