Notices

Is Pink Cloud bad?

Old 03-15-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is Pink Cloud bad?

I have 51 days today. I have no interest in drinking. This has NEVER happened to me. I stand in the beer aisle at Trader Joe's and test to see if any interest arises. Zip. I've been going to meetings which are meh. No sponsor. No steps yet. A sober friend told me to be careful cause I'm not desperate. I'm not. I've felt desperate before and it SUCKED. I don't want to be desperate. I'll do what's suggested of me I think because I want to be happy. Not because I'm afraid of being miserable. Am I off? Is this all gonna come crashing down?
Old 03-15-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I think it is important to find a sponsor and start working the steps. Step One is crucial to early recovery.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm at a loss at why you would stand in a alcohol isle to see if any interest arises are you trying to tempt yourself ?

Congrats on day 51 but I can't see what any of this is related to a pink cloud which is associated with feelings of joy & euphoria the reason there is a warning is because for every high there is a low not everyone experiences that and its nice to feel good in sobriety but balance is important
Old 03-15-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 51 days Pressme. My opinion would be ride the pink cloud as long as you can. Just remember to keep everything in perspective. Never loose focus on what you are fighting for and that your pink cloud could change at any moment, so just be prepared. Every time I relapsed, I had become complacent. Now, I remind myself every day of why I won't drink today.

Enjoy your feeling, but always remind yourself of why you are staying sober today.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The "pink cloud" can come crashing down, or it can just fade away slowly too. I think it's a good idea to be ready for it though, because life is filled with ups and downs, sobriety is no different in that respect.

If your sobriety plan is to keep doing AA, then yes - getting a sponsor and working the steps is exactly how you would want to go about moving forward and planning for the inevitable. Standing in a liquor department to "test" yourself is a very bad idea IMHO. You will be tested at some point, don't put undue stress on yourself.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i had a pretty serious battle with metastic melanoma. well over a million dollars invested in fighting it. so far ive beaten beaten the statistics(and i still have melanoma).
all of that was due to working and playing outside for years with no sunblock on.

but im thinkin of going and playing in the sun tomorrow with no sunblock on, just to see if it will come back.

sounds pretty friggin nuts,eh?
Old 03-15-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It is not bad, but it is not forever so you have to be really careful when it disappears so you don't go back to drinking. If your plan is to do AA , then do it well but remember that there is no end all be-all to sobriety. I don't go to meetings and I don't go to AA but I do AVRT and I definitely have a plan and work it.

I agree with others that I think that is crazy for you to go " tempt yourself" . It will happen on its own so don't push it.

Congrats on your sober time. Ride that wave!!! And stay close. We are here to support you.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I call the pink cloud the huge contrast between the drinking hell and sober heaven. I enjoyed it and used it as a taste of what permanent sobriety would be although not so intense and with a balance. Now like everyone else I have good days and not so great days. It's okay to have your head in the clouds but keep your feet on the ground.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

standing in the alcohol isle in the store is a poor plan pressme

glad things are feeling good, but 51 days is still pretty darn early in the game
so watch yourself and keep working on recovery, not just not drinking
Old 03-15-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I think it is perfectly reasonable and rational to understand and appreciate the magnitude of what you have achieved, and what you continue to achieve. To have a life with opportunity and hope is something to be celebrated. You are free from alcohol and your dependency on it. Never take that drink, and never look back. Onward!
Old 03-15-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

The problem with being sober for a lifetime is you have to be sober for a lifetime.

Bad days will come because life has bad days and sometimes life throws crap at us that will cripple us for a period of time.

The wisdom I have learned is to have such a strong foundation of recovery that no matter what life throws at us we can make it though the problems sober.

The time to be solidly in recovery is before you need it
Old 03-15-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Trudgin

I am curious - do you consider yourself an alcoholic?
Old 03-15-2016, 11:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fly N Buy View Post
I am curious - do you consider yourself an alcoholic?
Hmmm. I have a problem with alcohol and i want to be sober. If that's an alcoholic then yes.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I'm at a loss at why you would stand in a alcohol isle to see if any interest arises are you trying to tempt yourself ?

Congrats on day 51 but I can't see what any of this is related to a pink cloud which is associated with feelings of joy & euphoria the reason there is a warning is because for every high there is a low not everyone experiences that and its nice to feel good in sobriety but balance is important
Yeah. It's stupid. I've just NEVER felt this way before. I'm meeting with a sober person tomorrow. Trying to get a sponsor.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck getting a sponser press and excellent idea