SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   One month!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/386781-one-month.html)

Nowsthetime 03-14-2016 06:07 AM

One month!!!

I have a month of continuous sobriety!!! Getting to go on vacation and will not drink on that no way. It's going to be a healthy vacation. In 2 days it will be officially 2 years since I started my journey. I drank a hand full of times in these two years (I had a stretch with 13 months!!!) because I got complacent. No, no, no! Now I have a month!

Many more to come!

Last Thursday I went to a dinner at out daughter's school mate house. Her parents are definitely drinkers, the dad is a beer expert. He had a special fridge full of them and he trades beer on the Internet. We brought a bottle of wine and when we got there the wife was going to pour us both a glass of wine but I said that I would take a water. I said I used to drink but didn't like it anymore. Nobody asked me a more questions but I can tell I sparked some interest...

I am so glad that j don't drink any more. I know that felt crappy. The day after...

Just an update. Getting excited about my vacation. Going to beautiful places!!! Can't wait. Feel so lucky!!!

SoberLife90 03-14-2016 06:09 AM

Congrats! 1 month is wonderful. Do you have some peoples phone numbers you can call when you are on vacation?

ChickChick 03-14-2016 06:11 AM

Congrats on a month! :)

Soberwolf 03-14-2016 06:11 AM

Way to go Nows :c011:

Nowsthetime 03-14-2016 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by SoberLife90 (Post 5849829)
Congrats! 1 month is wonderful. Do you have some peoples phone numbers you can call when you are on vacation?

I'll be over seas so not really but I have some sober literature to help me stay focused. I hope there's wifi so I can post here at some point.

Opivotal 03-14-2016 06:21 AM

Congratulations Nowsthetime!

Enjoy your vacation. :)

GhostFace 03-14-2016 06:22 AM

Great job on your first month of sobriety.

Volshen 03-14-2016 06:36 AM

Grats!

PurpleKnight 03-14-2016 01:40 PM

Fantastic!! :You_Rock_

least 03-14-2016 01:42 PM

Congrats on the first of many sober months! :)

KiKi0615 03-14-2016 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime (Post 5849826)
I have a month of continuous sobriety!!! Getting to go on vacation and will not drink on that no way. It's going to be a healthy vacation. In 2 days it will be officially 2 years since I started my journey. I drank a hand full of times in these two years (I had a stretch with 13 months!!!) because I got complacent. No, no, no! Now I have a month! Many more to come! Last Thursday I went to a dinner at out daughter's school mate house. Her parents are definitely drinkers, the dad is a beer expert. He had a special fridge full of them and he trades beer on the Internet. We brought a bottle of wine and when we got there the wife was going to pour us both a glass of wine but I said that I would take a water. I said I used to drink but didn't like it anymore. Nobody asked me a more questions but I can tell I sparked some interest... I am so glad that j don't drink any more. I know that felt crappy. The day after... Just an update. Getting excited about my vacation. Going to beautiful places!!! Can't wait. Feel so lucky!!!

Great job!!!

Bobbieka 03-14-2016 01:45 PM

Way to go!!

ForMyGirls 03-14-2016 01:45 PM

Congrats! One month for me today as well... :)

Mrskw 03-14-2016 01:48 PM

Such a lovely post; thank you for sharing and congrats on one month of sobriety! Enjoy your holiday! :)

thenewguy 03-14-2016 02:02 PM

Congrats on one month. Getting that first month down is a HUGE achievement.

Regards.

Jtmlk 03-14-2016 03:02 PM

Well done on one month - be proud of your achievements