Notices

Slipped Up

Old 03-11-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Slipped Up

Not sure what triggered it, but after a long period of being sober (mostly) I slipped up and was very drunk for the last two days.
Today is pretty rough, I can barely keep food down. I'm sweaty and shaky. I'm hoping the withdrawls wont be as bad as when I first quit.
I told the people at work about it, which may have been a bad idea, but I wanted to talk about it with someone. Hopefully I can flush out the poison with water. Not looking forward to what will likely be an anxious sleepless night.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Alaska. Withdrawals can worsen with subsequent drinking, so please be safe if thigns get too bad. Were you working or using any formal recovery plan during your sober times? Can we help you make a new plan?
Old 03-11-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello
It's important to realise it was a slip up and don't allow it to make you think you've messed up and carry on drinking .
Be strong and take care
Old 03-11-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Slipped Up,
No one's perfect
Tomorrow is another day
Stay strong
Your not alone

Best,
WiltedLotus
Old 03-11-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ScottfromWI: I didn't have a good plan. I did tell some people that I hang out with that I had a drinking problem, and that I didn't want to be known as such a lush anymore. A friend refered to me as "alwaysdrunk_____" as a joke when talking to some other friends. It was a bit of a wake up call, I knew I had a problem, but I didn't think other people knew. That and an afternoon bender that resulted in me passing out at a bar and a friend came and got me, which I don't even remember, led me to quit for 78 days. Moment of weakness I guess and fell of the wagon. I'm going to remember this hangover next time I want a drink. Nothing is worth feeling this bad again, I cringe to think about what I did to my health in just 48 hours.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Alaska, way to go on sobering up. You can do this. I'm on day 1 too, so I am here with you
Old 03-11-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Kittycat: Good job on Day 1. For me last time I did this Day 1 and 2 are pretty terrible, but it gets much better from there. Cravings peak at day 4 and 5 for me, but then subside. Where someone gave me some beer awhile back and I had no desire to drink it. Not sure why I partied like this again. Feeling pretty ashamed and embarressed. And broke again.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

It's good you made it back, Alaska290!

There is a lot of talk on this forum about "plans" lately. I just wanted to chime in on what I did for a "plan" to stay sober. I went to AA meetings, and found a 12-step "plan" to live a sober life all written out, and this "plan" was the center of the program! So I kept going to meetings and found people to help me.

There is probably an AA meeting soon near you!
Old 03-11-2016, 07:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm not really a huge fan of AA but I went at lunch today. Just wanted to be around people that understood how I was feeling today. My plan was to go to the climbing wall in the mornings before work something I can't do hungover. It helped but not enough as I simply skipped it the last few days. But I'm going tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Alaska this is what I mean when I recommend folks get a plan

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
D
Old 03-12-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How are you today Alaska? I'm heaps better on today, day 2, than day 1. I feel a small glimmer of hope and light. I hope you feel it too.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Alaska having a plan is things that will really help you stay sober imo its vital
Old 03-12-2016, 08:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Kittycat: Glad to hear your feeling better.
Day 2 started out rough again, but some mild excercise and a few solid meals = feeling better. Hopefully I can sleep tonight which would really help my mood. I guess I gotta start thinking of a better plan. There is some free counseling through work, which I've done before, with some positive results. It's free so always worth a try. Looking forward to day 3 last time it took 4 days to feel better. This time isn't quite as bad though.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that trying the counselling could be helpful. I agree that it took me till Day 4 before I really started to feel better. Have you been able to come up with a plan?
Old 03-13-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html
Old 03-13-2016, 10:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks for the links soberwolf.
Day 3 done, and feeling great. Spent the day catching up on work neglected during last weeks indescretions, and listening to mountain podcasts. Looking forward to getting some sleep tonight. Remember when you feel like things ,or yourself in outta control, stop drinking, and things can only get better.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're back, working on your recovery again.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job Alaska