Notices

Leaving in a week

Old 03-09-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Leaving in a week

Hello all:

I'm going on vacation in exactly a week and I am nervous because I won't have my SR. I'll be gone for 2 weeks. This vacation doesn't have any drinking plans and I will be with my husband and daughter but my AV is starting to mess with me. It's trying to convince me that 1 glass in our room after my daughter goes to sleep wouldn't be so bad... These stupid thoughts!!!!

We have a wonderful vacation planned. I'm not ruining it by getting drunk!

You guys will be with me! But I'm nervous.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Will they not have internet/WiFi to log in on mobile ?
Old 03-09-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am assuming they might in some parts but we are going to very rural areas of Chile (we are renting a car and driving), so not really sure. I hope so!!! That will be helpful. I'm afraid that my hubby will team up with my AV. He does that some times...
Old 03-09-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh wow!!! Have a great trip!
Don't drink, you'll just waste time being drunk and then hungover- stay sober and enjoy each moment!
Old 03-09-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

Make up index cards with positive messages to support your sobriety on one side, and reasons why you can never drink again on the other side. Carry a few with you, and leave a few scattered around where you will see them when you get back to your lodgings. It sounds silly, but it helps more than you would expect. And anything that works is worth trying.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Drink is SUCH a waste of time. Even if not blacked out, memory is dulled and incomplete, without the spikes of real emotion and elation. You can have the time of your life, without drinking. ... .... Or drinking, you just won't have that time of your life.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys and thank you so much to the member who PMd me with the great idea of bringing some sober literature. I have had a talk with my husband and we are skipping the wineries all together.

I have told people at work about this and some have responded with jealousy and envy. I wish I hadn't had said anything. Things like "must be nice" or "do you ever work?". I'm annoyed about it. Just last week I had 5 days straight were I worked 13 hour days... How about all the weekends I spend working... Oh well, I have to let it roll off my shoulders. I have worked really hard to achieve what I have achieved, sad that people want to rain on my parade... Actually one of them used to be A drinking buddy that I used to go to the bars after work with. She says she is proud of me for quitting but reminisces about the times we spent together at the bar. She is one that is really envious... I won't lie, it makes me uncomfortable and a little sad.