Notices

Day 29

Old 03-09-2016, 02:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 29

Day 29.

I just got out of bed. Today I feel a bit unbalanced. My emotions are all over the place. Well, more than usual at least. I'm an impulsive person so my normal functioning means emotions being all over the place a bit. We're all different.

But today it feels off. Something is not right. There is nothing that happened to trigger that, so I suppose it's either my brain recovering or I'm simply having a bad moment. We all get them. It's part of being human.

So I'm not worried. Just planning to go about my day as usual. I've already used my Wellness Toolbox and listened to an inspirational song.

Btw, it just occurred to me. It's a *Wellness* Toolbox. It's supposed to have a positive effect on you. So is the plan. If you don't like doing what's in your toolbox, you need to switch up what's in there. Or approach it differently. Mine has a big sticker on it that says "FUN".

Day 29... I'm SO looking forward to tomorrow. Just to have at least a 3 at the beginning. That's a milestone for me.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to enjoy this whole day. Sober. Having fun, sleep well, before I get to the 3... Isn't life terrible?
Old 03-09-2016, 02:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Mike,

Great outlook to try and boost your mood, keep going with that and hope your day keeps on getting better.

Oh and of course congrats on Day 29
Old 03-09-2016, 02:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Some days are just like that, nothing happens to trigger it. Like you said, part of being human. It's great that you're using your Wellness Toolbox, it can be easy to forget about such things when you're feeling down.

You're doing great, I'm looking forward to tomorrow for you as well.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope your day improves Mike

D
Old 03-09-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Mike,

You're doing great so far, and looking forward to seeing that 30 come up. Then you get to set a new mental milestone. 100 is a cool number too

Regarding your mood, it's possible it's connected to the testing you were doing last week. When I posted on here about getting through a big test (a work trip to Dublin) someone warned me to be careful for the next week or two because of a delayed affect. Seemed an odd thing to say at the time, but I did feel something a week or so later. Cravings seeming to hit from nowhere, and feeling a bit down.

May not be related at all, but it's great that you're aware of what you're feeling, and taking steps to try and deal with it. A really positive sign.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OpenTuning View Post
Hi Mike,

You're doing great so far, and looking forward to seeing that 30 come up. Then you get to set a new mental milestone. 100 is a cool number too

Regarding your mood, it's possible it's connected to the testing you were doing last week. When I posted on here about getting through a big test (a work trip to Dublin) someone warned me to be careful for the next week or two because of a delayed affect. Seemed an odd thing to say at the time, but I did feel something a week or so later. Cravings seeming to hit from nowhere, and feeling a bit down.

May not be related at all, but it's great that you're aware of what you're feeling, and taking steps to try and deal with it. A really positive sign.
It could be. I'm not sure. What I am sure about is that the testing wasn't a good idea.

And I won't lie. I'm enjoying being sober. Working on it. I really like it. Because it's good for me. But, of course there is stress in it as well. And that sometimes affects me a bit more than I anticipated.

You can't get clean and expect it not to be stressful. But stress isn't the monster it's made out to be. It's just a natural reaction.

Ah well, today I feel a bit off. Big deal. It'll go away.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on the eve of your 30 day milestone - keep up the good work
Old 03-09-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It was a good day. Still feeling a bit off though. Tired and not feeling like sleeping at the same time. It's too early anyway. But sometimes the desire to crawl in bed is quite heavy.

I realized that that's a problem though. Hiding in bed has become a new hiding place for me, now that I don't drink anymore. So I'll wait until I'm actually tired.

I don't know. I'm just not myself today. Confused sometimes. Erratic. Emotional, some times. Then numb the next moment.

Must be the recovery or just me having a bad day.

Ah well, it'll pass.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

We all have bad days and off days, but you have so much to be grateful for at 29 days!! Almost 30, congrats and keep it up!
Old 03-09-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

At the moment I'm feeling depressed. And it amuses me, if you can believe it.

All day I haven't felt like I should. It accumulated and there were a lot of ups and downs. Just now, I shifted into depression. It was like the straw that broke the camel's back. Which is why it's amusing to me.

I also know it's temporary. I need to sleep. I'm exhausted. So I'm going to bed, sleep and see tomorrow what happens.

Talk later!