Notices

1month strong

Old 03-08-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1month strong

Today is my 30 days. 1 month strong. One of the hardest months of my life. 30 days ago I sat right in the very spot i am in now writing this. For some reason on this day I had seen the light at the end, i felt like i could do this. I NEED to do this. That was the worst and best day of my life.

And so it began, for the first 4 days i took suboxone 4mg/day. Self dosed, im not big on detoxs and admitting i have a problem. I later found out this was my first problem in staying sober. These were the easiest days of my detox.

Day 6, day sixxx! This was the worst day of my whole detox. It felt like i was dying but i knew i had already come this far. I Can do it! For about the next 10 days, it was sleepless nights. Anything i ate was already coming out of me before i could swallow it. But i thought to myself, not this time heroin. Im going to be the winner this time. Its crazy how a drug and addiction can make you feel so tiny.

This was when i decided to reach out to a close friend who is in recovery. I owe alot of where i am today to him. He showed me you can recover.

Day 21, this was when i started to get my happiness back. Even little things like a nice sunny day felt good. I was by no means back to 100% and am still not but i felt good. This is when the mental game began. "Whats one time" "one oxy wont kill me" wrong ! I continued to fight.

Day 30, 1 month , today. This is the longest ive been clean since i caught this terrible habbit 3 years ago. And for some reason this time feels different. I feel like i can do it. I still dont feel back to 100% but nothing a little ibuprofen cant fix. Ibuprofen, 30 days ago if you had offered me ibuprofen i would have laughed. This is when i realized i have come a long way.

To anyone trying to get clean or thinking about it. You can do it! A life of addiction is no life at all. Reach out , find someone you can crutch on during your time of weakness, i promise you it will help a lot. Opiate addiction is no little problem you can handle alone. But it can be handled! God bless and good luck!
Old 03-08-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Boom, good work. Enjoy this feeling. Imagine how great you'll,feel at 60 days
Old 03-08-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update and survival message. I cannot wait to see what you have to say tomorrow and each day forward. I'm going to be at a month next week and although I'm nervous about my ability to make it that long, I am excited to be sober today.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you for an encouraging post, Boston. 30 days is huge. Thing will continue to get even better.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and congratulations BostonClean

D
Old 03-09-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the support. Today is day 31 and the best day so far. First real nice day of the year here and it feels great to be able to enjoy it sober. Instead of getting high today i think ill go shoot the ball around and soak in the natural high of the beautiful day. God bless all. We can recover!
Old 03-09-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amyrose View Post
Thanks for the update and survival message. I cannot wait to see what you have to say tomorrow and each day forward. I'm going to be at a month next week and although I'm nervous about my ability to make it that long, I am excited to be sober today.
My mottos "one day at a time" you can do it ! Just take it one day at a time. Coming up on the month was prob the toughest mentally 20 days is my usual relapse, but not this time. And the same goes for you! Find a hobby a friend anything besides your old habbits trust me itll feel good when you wake up the next day and know that you stayed true to yourself. Good luck!
Old 03-09-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

60 days, im coming for you !
Old 03-09-2016, 10:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your first clean month! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm on day 31 too!! Congrats to you and keep it up, I just posted something similar to this.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

congrats on your first month Boston
Old 03-10-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the support, and those going thru it with me goodluck