Notices

Surround me with support please

Old 03-08-2016, 11:43 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

When I said it's up to you I wasn't suggesting your words 'mean very little' or that you had to do this alone, Mera

we're all in this together

If the Florence one falls through as well, will you consider going back to the US?

D
Old 03-08-2016, 11:52 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Yes, I'll do anything. Florence would be best cost wise but I'll do anything.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:11 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I think I found one closer by, in the Pisa area. I want to speak to my doctor first to get his approval, but it looks perfect. It would also be covered by the national healthcare. It looks like to go there I'd have to go back to the outpatient place, which I hate, but I'd only need to go to get signed up I think.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:10 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi Mera,

I'm very pleased you've found a closer option that you like.

I'm sure you're tired of hearing this, but like so many others, I'm worried by the constant hurdles that seem to be getting in the way of you and the treatment you need. I find it hard to believe that if your doctor or psychiatrist knew what we know about the state you're in, that they'd be making you wait days for an appointment. You are in an emergency situation. You are having the equivalent of a heart attack. Can you just pick up the phone right now and call the facility in Pisa and ask what you need to do to get admitted immediately? Tell them it's an emergency. If you just want your Dr to say "yes, that place is fine" then he can do that over the phone in a few seconds, you don't need to wait for an appointment. And you can take those first steps yourself while waiting to hear back from him.

As others have said, forget about gyms, and non-urgent appointments. How much can you get done before you are tempted to start drinking today. What active, practical steps can you take to get yourself checked in as soon as humanly possible. I know how tempting it is to make an appointment for later in the week and say "look, I'm doing something" but if that gives you time to cause even more damage to yourself then it isn't the step you need to take right now.

From your recent posts there may be a very short window for you to do things before you start drinking again. Please use that time 100% towards getting yourself checked into a facility. Please don't let anything else slow you down or get in the way of that.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:19 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi Mera,

Just saw you started a new thread, and that you have made those calls to get the ball rolling. Really happy to see that. Hope you get a place sorted out as soon as possible.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:28 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

It's about a 10 day wait. I wish I could go sooner, but I can't really complain having waited this long to take the first step myself.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:38 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

A shame about the delay, but the important thing is to get that firm booking in place.

Then, the hugely important next step, is to put a plan in place to get you through the next 10 days. Your AV is very likely to tell you "you've done what you can do, so let's relax and drink for the next 10 days while we still can". But if you listen to that voice, who knows how much more damage you could do to yourself, and your relationships. Things you might not be able to come back from. It sounds like being on your own is the biggest risk. Is there anyone who can stay with you, or anyone you can stay with while waiting?
Old 03-09-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I need to try and figure something out. I'm afraid to be on my own too. So far I am getting through today but I don't have all that much faith in myself anymore.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

When is your mom coming?