Notices

Hello

Old 03-07-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

This is my first post introducing myself. I joined back in 2013 and was sober for a short period of time. I've been sober on and off since. I've been playing with fire for much too long with alcohol. I would drink beer and wine mostly, usually 3-5 times per week. It became nightly about a month ago. My father is an alcoholic (the luck of the Irish, kidding) He will have 19 years sober on the 11th of this month. Go dad. Now it's time for me to stop this before it becomes a bigger problem health-wise. I'm not even supposed to drink (I have a skin condition- psoriasis -another thing the Irish tend to be inflicted with haha) I am currently 4 days sober and experiencing some insomnia, but staying positive. You all are so inspiring! =) Much love!
Old 03-07-2016, 04:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Tiger Welcome
Old 03-07-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep it up

Fight the battle tiger! Old you in the rear view, a new you with a clear view!! You got this and we are all here for you
Old 03-07-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Tiger

do you have any ideas on a plan - how you might stay sober?

D
Old 03-07-2016, 04:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good Morning and welcome!!! Congratulations on making this first big step, if your relationship with your dad is such that you can can a conversation with him on this, one thing I have always found is if I had people with long periods of recovery around me it really helps and makes all the difference as they have been there and understand. Do not hesitate to get medical help if withdraw is too tough to manage as it can cause many of us to slip simply to stop the shakes, feelings etc.

Have a great day
Andrew
Old 03-07-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. =)

Hey Dee, thank you for asking. I know that it is important to work a plan. I am going to be looking into going to my first AA meeting soon. I have a close friend who just received her 30 day chip and so I am going to have some tea with her when she gets back into town in a few days and talk AA.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back!
Old 03-07-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you Andrew. =)
My dad and I are close, and he knows I've trouble. He's been really understanding and we talked yesterday. He lives far away, so we don't see each other often, but I feel his support in our talks...and his years of sobriety. Funny how I thought I was different. He always said, "Don't saturate those cells hun" and I always kept that in the back of my mind, which made me an on again off again drinker. I think I mean binge alcoholic. Anyway, he is a huge inspiration for me. It's sad to say, but one of the driving forces of his decision to become sober about 19 yrs ago was the death of his mom, my beautiful (and only 62 yrs young) grandmother losing her life to cirrhosis. I think her death saved my dad's life...if there was any good to come of it....Much love you guys....
Old 03-07-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hi, Tiger-

It's great you are with us!