Notices

Please go easy on me...

Old 03-07-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

There is plenty of advise here, I just have one thing to add. Please protect your local water supply. When you dispose of your old, no longer needed meds, place them in your garbage can still in the bottles. Flushing them down the toilet is bad for all of us. Some pharmacies offer disposal, but that's on the local level. You can call your local pharmacy.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
There is plenty of advise here, I just have one thing to add. Please protect your local water supply. When you dispose of your old, no longer needed meds, place them in your garbage can still in the bottles. Flushing them down the toilet is bad for all of us. Some pharmacies offer disposal, but that's on the local level. You can call your local pharmacy.
I agree; you should not flush pharmaceuticals down the toilet, sink, etc. The best way to dispose of them is through a take-back program. The local police department does it once or twice a year where I live. Throwing them out in their original bottle isn't a good idea, especially scheduled drugs like Valium. People rummage through dumpsters in lots of places.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
quat

One pill ? That only makes sense to an AV. One pill would have 'helped' your dad with chronic pain that causes sleep disruption? Even if it was the correct medication /dose , how does one help?
If it were a toothache and you were on vacation and the earliest emergency dental visit was 24 hours away maybe it would help, though a decent amount of antibiotic would be better in that instance.
Giving someone who just 'finished' a pill habit one pill is helpful how? If you step back and look at the situation , I think you will see that the only reason it sounded like a good idea was because you both listening to your own and each others's AV(s).
I'd get rid of the booze and unneeded pills at least for the time being , and then later , well actually later you probably won't want them around anyway, right?
Old 03-07-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

To those who are rather critical of my actions, I can't and won't argue with you. You know you are right, and I know you are right. I basically came here to confess my sin. It absolutely will not happen again. I don't want to be responsible for someone whom I trusted would do what they said they were going to do. As far as disposal, I will dispose of the medication properly. As far as the booze, I'm not throwing it out. Its nasty stuff, I wouldn't touch it. Its kept in the downstairs closet.
Side note: Just got back from seeing him at his place. Didn't get a chance to talk to him privately, but I will. He seems to be doing fine. My mother was her usual cheery self (sarcasm). As some of you know, there is some contentious crap going on in the family dynamic since this last summer.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Isn't it nice to have a place where people tell you the truth but understand too?

I'm sorry if I was too harsh. When I'm drinking I'm too blunt in speaking.
I only got a few days in and began drinking again but I'm plotting my next push forward.

If you've been taking valium consistently for some time you may need to cut down a little less quickly than with alcohol for good success. I used to take it for Restless Leg Syndrome. I did stop all at once, but it was a very mild dosage only used as needed.. I think it stays in the system longer .

I don't know about your family crap, but I sympathize. My mother was a difficult woman, especially for her family. I never understood her until after she died. Hindsight.

Last edited by Fervor; 03-19-2016 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo