Notices

Prescriptions

Old 03-06-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Prescriptions

So i had to go to docs with myknee pain as its been getting really bad as ive replaced drinking with gym and hockey and i guess its taking a toll....ive a torn acl torn both miniscus and nicked PCL have had for years - so anyway the doctor wrote me a prescription for percoset and im wondering wether or not i should take these as i hear they are addictive - the pain is really bad though. I think i already know the answer to my question and maybe am just looking for validation as to why i cant take these lol....thanks
Old 03-06-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Did you talk to your dr about your concerns? My advice would be to go back to your dr and discuss your concerns about the medication.

I hope your knee feels better.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

They can be addictive. I have to agree with Anna's advice, talking about it with your doctor is best.

My personal experience with percocet was that it took taking them long term for pain helped get me addicted to them. If you do take them and find yourself taking more than prescribed and needed talk with your doctor. That is not an addiction you want.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Have you and your doctor worked on a long term plan to fix your knee? Pain medication is definitely not a long term option.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

well ive to go get a good knee brace but other than that, no - i brought an mri from my home country to show the docs here but apparently its irrelevant as its been so long - i definately dont want to get addicted to pain meds so i will discuss other options with the doc...just cant really see any other options for dealing with the pain lol - ty for the responses
Old 03-06-2016, 09:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Is surgery an option? It sounds like you never had it repaired