Notices

Not going to lie...

Old 03-04-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

Originally Posted by ICanDoBetter View Post
... There's a case in the fridge (husbands) and I know there is no way it would be just one.....
FWIW, that's a real problem.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IvanMike View Post
FWIW, that's a real problem.

There has been alcohol in the house since I quit. He and I have had several conversations about it. He is entirely capable of moderating and we've discussed the impact me quitting has on him. He expressed also a feeling of guilt drinking around me. I draw the line at purchasing for him. And despite it being in the house it hasn't been a temptation or issue.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

My husband still drinks, but never around me, thank god. We had a discussion today about "once and alcoholic, always an alcoholic?", because I firmly believe that he was one. He is in denial. So was I. One of the hardest things I've ever done was to say that I am -- this week when I had to introduce myself at my 3rd AA meeting.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ICanDoBetter View Post

I can't deny that I'm thinking of how refreshing and good one would taste this evening.
There is a thread here on board regarding "Entertaining The Thought."

One of the first tools that I added to my sober tool belt.

Mountainman
Old 03-04-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenGal View Post
My husband still drinks, but never around me, thank god. We had a discussion today about "once and alcoholic, always an alcoholic?", because I firmly believe that he was one. He is in denial. So was I. One of the hardest things I've ever done was to say that I am -- this week when I had to introduce myself at my 3rd AA meeting.
There was a time years ago I may have said that about my husband... But overtime I realized justified my drinking through his ... I easily consumed more than him 95% of the time . He can drink one and be done --- that is not me. He can go two weeks and not have one ... Also not me.

I shared the other day my mother's smoking story. She quit a three pack a day habit ... Then lived with my father who still smoked in the house etc for 25 years til he finally quit... And she never again touched one after she quit. I believe she felt it was her choice for her to quit and it had to be dads choice for him to quit as well. I'm sure it wasn't easy for her but I get it. And this is my issue that I and only I can control. Reality is I was the one stocking the beer fridge twice a week and alternating liquor stores I frequented, not him... And pet of my plan is to break that cycle and habit and I no longer leave work and wonder if we have enough alcohol for the day at home - because each day I commit to not drinking from the moment I woke up. One day at a time I can do this and that is solely within my control.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Water is a refreshing beverage. I never drank alcohol because I was thirsty. We need to remember all the problems alcohol has caused us in our lives. A beer wouldn't be refreshing...it would be the beginning of the end of my life.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:02 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your thoughts and comments yesterday. Successful day 24 was completed and in the books. :-)