Notices

Dogs Matter - pet care when in rehab

Old 03-04-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nmd

Dogs Matter - pet care when in rehab

I don't happen to be in rehab, but this restores your faith in humanity a little bit:

Former Meth Addict Now Cares For Dogs Of Owners Entering Rehab - American Kennel Club
Old 03-04-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is awesome!
Old 03-04-2016, 07:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was actually thinking of doing this! I had to surrender my bunny when I went to rehab (my aunt found him a good home with her friend who is an animal lover).
Old 03-04-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

That is great.

For some people, their pet is the only thing they have.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What a wonderful idea!
Old 03-04-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wonderful story. Now I gotta rant. My wife's (male) cousin comes down all the time on weekends to visit, get drunk, whatever. He's the one who brings his wife, two kids, two dogs and stay for 2-3 days. He took his family to California for 9 days and asked if we could take care of one of his dogs. No problem, he kenneled the other one. This poor dog is neglected, he seems to think he's schizophrenic/hyper. So I spent a fair amount of time with this dog for the last 9 days and he's a great dog. He just needs some attention, love and he wants to please people so badly (does anything you tell him to do). By the end of his stay, he had calmed down 100%, he would even fall asleep with his head on my stomach.
Now my ran, irresponsible! (my wife's cousin). He got home 2 days ago and never contacted me to come get his dog, so my wife finally reached out yesterday "when you coming to get your dog", after a couple of excuses, lies and BS, he says he's on his way. He's driven down by someone, he was drunk (hid it pretty well), and had to leave this morning on a business trip at 5AM. Therefore he was sneakily going to get us to take care of his dog for another 4 days. Made me mad, and I am going to confront him on it. I try to be pretty reasonable, and if he would have been man enough to simply ask me, I would have taken care of him for longer, but I will not tolerate a liar.