Notices

Yet another post

Old 03-01-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post
I'm new today and I'm afraid of the withdrawals because it's been soo long since I've gone any consecutive days without. I feel your urgency in this message and it scares me because going to the doctor isn't an option for me. What are dt's?? And how long are my hands going to shake??
Just some info for you Sammy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_tremens

Keets, how are you feeling? Did u make it to the hospital?
Old 03-01-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm new today and I'm afraid of the withdrawals because it's been soo long since I've gone any consecutive days without. I feel your urgency in this message and it scares me because going to the doctor isn't an option for me. What are dt's?? And how long are my hands going to shake??
Sammy, nobody can know when, if, or how bad the delirium tremens will hit in acute withdrawal. A quick google search can fill you in on the horrors of it.

Many people think that dr's aren't an option in acute withdrawal. But having been through it enough times, I always kept my phone nearby ready to call 911. It is a BIG DEAL- DT's can mean death. If you are lucky enough to escape death, it is still one of the most awful physical things you can possibly imagine going through.

If you are worried, get thee to a dr for a medically supervised detox.

Keets, may I kick your husbands arse?
Go to the dr hun. You deserve to get well in a supportive, safe environment.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

DT's are very serious and involve many things IMO. Shaking, sweating, body soreness, headaches, hallucinations, etc., and at their very worse, seizures. I'm no expert on the subject, but these are some of the things I have experienced. There were times when I only experienced some of these things but you just never know. If at all possible, nobody should go through this alone. It's always best to have family members or friends around to help. Drinking lots of water and resting helps, along with eating something if you can. If you don't have access to a doctor, maybe a trip to an ER if you're really concerned. Call an ambulance if your really worried. There are always options. A detox center would be a great idea. I have detoxed alone, but I think I was very lucky. I might not of made it through the last time if it wasn't for a nice person that got my into a detox unit.
Not trying to scare you or anybody, but the DT's are no joke, but to continue to drink to avoid the withdrawals is just putting off the eneviable IMHO. The sooner you stop the easier it will be. PM me if I can help. John
Old 03-01-2016, 08:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sammy2: PS, not everybody goes through what I went through. Everybody is different. I was/am a chronic alcoholic. My situation was on the extreme end of things. I just learned the hard way to respect the dt's and just how serious they are. John
Old 03-01-2016, 08:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zeebs View Post
Delirium tremens. The real bad stuff.
Thank you.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
Sammy2: PS, not everybody goes through what I went through. Everybody is different. I was/am a chronic alcoholic. My situation was on the extreme end of things. I just learned the hard way to respect the dt's and just how serious they are. John
I might just PM you. Thank you.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZenLifter View Post
Just some info for you Sammy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_tremens

Keets, how are you feeling? Did u make it to the hospital?
Thank you. I read the whole thing. Some of the stats made me feel a little better.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:12 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360startstoday View Post
An ambulance will give you a quick ride.
Very legitimate use of an ambulance.
This I know.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, I talked to a nurse again and said I could take a benzo I already had. It helped me sleep for most of the night, than I tossed and turned for the rest. Took a sleeping pill that did not work in fact the opposite. Now on wed I babysit a 1 1/2 old and he got dropped off while I was sleeping and my husband was told he has been puking and diareah for the last few days and eve threw up in the car on the way here. On top of that I have 3 kids of my own and one only in half day school. Luckily my husband is here but he doesn't start drinking till after 4. Regardless he still won't change poopy diapers even though it's his sisters grandson.

On a side not I was able to make it through yesterday without drinking even though how badly I felt I wanted to to making stop. I'm now at 2 1/2 days now which is huge for me.
I'm in a lot of pain today with tons of stress so today will be extremely hard.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

It does sound like a hard day for you, Keets. I hope you get through it.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
It does sound like a hard day for you, Keets. I hope you get through it.
Im going to,try and stay in bed for,as like as I can get away with it. I have never experienced anything like this in my life. My body hurts so bad, feels like,I went to the gym and overdid it.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear your going through so much. That's a lot of stress. I have noticed in the past that when I feel overwhelmed, sometimes trying to break everything down into small increments, and just focusing one one thing at a time helps to reduce the stress and make things seem more doable. Please try to remember what your going through (the aches and pains) is temporary. Soon, you will look back one day and feel proud of yourself for making it through those tough moments. Better days are coming soon. Got to stay strong and determined. Just remember, starting over is not an option. John
Old 03-02-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Keets View Post
Im going to,try and stay in bed for,as like as I can get away with it. I have never experienced anything like this in my life. My body hurts so bad, feels like,I went to the gym and overdid it.
The first few days of withdrawal can be very hard, glad you spoke with a nurse about your condition. The good news is that withdrawals are only temporary - once they are done you never have to go through them again. Stay in touch with your nurse and try to drink some water/eat some food if you can.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Keets and Sammy, wish you guys the very best. What needs to be said has already been said. At the very least I would try and be around people just in case. Keets, I know you are around people. Keep us posted?
Old 03-02-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good news is that you are almost past the hardest few days!!! That's huge! You are almost past that hump where the physical stops and the mental continues.

I'm so glad you found this place. It has really helped me change my life. Use it as much and how you need it.

Do you have a plan?

Hope to see you around.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Well things didn't get better so I drove to the er and they said if I had not been taking the diazepam I would have been in serious trouble. My doc gave it to me for my muscle tension. That's the first reason I didn't drink the first night because I didn't want to mix them. I felt a lot better taking that than drinking for thespian so I decided to go another night and take the meds instead of drinking. I just think it's weird that I quit drinking in the first place to take the Valium which I actually needed to help when I quit drinking does that make sence?
Anyways the er gave me something called clorazepate dipotassuim usp and said to take that as needed every 6 hours till I run out than continue with the Valium. Which is only like 6 tabs.
The shakes are gone but I feel like I got hit by a semi than they threw it in reverse and took off again. My brain is also just not here I tried putting something into the cabinet instead of the fridge.
They also said no sleeping pills while on this stuff so I'm wondering how tonight is going to go.

On the other hand this is day 3 and I don't feel like I even want to drink like I did yesterday.

Thanks every one who has replied and for the support. My husband says he isn't going to the liquor store tonight but we still have left overs so hopefully he sees what I'm going through and he can go without.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Ugh these new meds make me just want to sleep hope that's normal
Old 03-03-2016, 09:16 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Yay here I am day 4