Notices

Losing weight fast! :)

Old 03-02-2016, 02:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Losing weight fast! :)

Day 22 here.

When I just got sober, I needed to lose about 22 lbs. I got very active when I quit and have maintained a healthy diet. Today I was pleasantly surprised when I stepped on the scale. I don't do that every day since it's pointless and it's more fun to see a bigger change every once in a while.

I've lost 9 lbs! So it won't be long until I'm on my normal weight again!
Old 03-02-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations! :-)

I think I'm making progress on that front.. Though I stepped on the scale yesterday and realized the battery is dead. Sigh, lol.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice. I'm a big person, so home scales don't tend to work for me, but I have to have done the same myself. We'll find out when I can re-schedule my post-detox follow up with a new primary care now that my insurance is changing.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 03-02-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Day 22 here.

When I just got sober, I needed to lose about 22 lbs. I got very active when I quit and have maintained a healthy diet. Today I was pleasantly surprised when I stepped on the scale. I don't do that every day since it's pointless and it's more fun to see a bigger change every once in a while.

I've lost 9 lbs! So it won't be long until I'm on my normal weight again!
Congrats on Day 22 and losing 9 lbs!!

Honestly I'm a bit jealous. I have lost about 4 lbs. and on day 16, but I have more than 22 lbs. to lose, more like 35. So, now I have typed out my negative thoughts so I can let them go and focus on the positive and keep pushing forward!
Old 03-02-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amyrose View Post
Congrats on Day 22 and losing 9 lbs!!

Honestly I'm a bit jealous. I have lost about 4 lbs. and on day 16, but I have more than 22 lbs. to lose, more like 35. So, now I have typed out my negative thoughts so I can let them go and focus on the positive and keep pushing forward!
Hey, you did lose 4 lbs.! That's progress. Eventually you'll reach your goal.

I'm lucky to have a fast metabolism and a pretty skinny body-type. But if I hadn't I would have added in extra exercise to lose weight.

And for that, I have one word: Crossfit. I haven't done it myself, but I've heard from a friend that it's amazing. And if that's not available in your area, you can always join a gym, tell them your goal and start working on it. That, combined with a healthy diet will get you where you want to be. And won't that feel amazing?
Old 03-02-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support MikeM!! I am happy of my success so far (lost 15 pounds so far overall including time while drinking), just want it to be like yours :-)

I am taking a Core Fusion class in addition to cardio stuff, and really focusing on good/healthy food. However, if I have to choose between being sober and some M&Ms, will give myself a break there!