Notices

Perspective

Old 02-28-2016, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Perspective

I hope this helps some people. I had a realization about how I got to this point and it may help some of you. Bear with me as I am not very elequent. I realized that my starting substance abuse was largely due to those around me portraying alcohol and drugs as something natural someone does to relax and as a reward. I was actually very early teens when family members first started to supply me with drugs and alcohol when celebrating. I more or less copied them throughout my disease cycle. PBR in college with no money changed to success and Grey Goose later on. The things you project in your life as a part of who you are the world sees. Unfortuanately it emulates sometimes. That is how we learn. The question is what you want to project on your billboard to the world. If you only had one chance to show everyone what would it say?
The second part of the lesson is when you get the chance to confront those that have done you wrong it may serve you well to have some grace. They may not be the same people they were when they treated you poorly. Everyone needs salvation including you or you would not be here. I got my chance recently and the family members that treated me poorly have changed into decent people. The people that gave a 13 year old drugs were not standing in front of me. In their place were people that were sorry and needed a second chance. I gave them a hug. Sometimes that is what everyone needs.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wow that was a really powerful post in such a good way thank you for this