Notices

75 Days Sober. Thoughts & Temptations

Old 02-28-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

75 Days Sober. Thoughts & Temptations

Today is my 75th day sober. And it's great! 75 days hangover free, knowing I'm not drinking myself to an early death, 75 days waking up and not having to check to see what and who I drunk texted. 75 days of not worrying about getting a DWI or a breathalyzer at work. 75 days of not smelling like alcohol the next day. 75 days of sobriety.

The past 75 days has been a roller coaster. But I started a new career that I'm really loving. No way I could be doing that with the way I drank. I've found out I'm stronger than I ever thought I was. And I've found out that THERE IS LIFE WITHOUT BOOZE! I've even begun sleeping semi normal.

There have been lots of temptations, though. And I'm suffering from PAWS a few times a week. Like last night. I worked 13 hours yesterday and damn, an ice cold beer sure sounded nice. But I know I can't just have one. And I know my AV is trying to murder me.

Today I'm off work. It's one of those lazy rare days that I have no responsibilities...no where to go and nothing I have to do. In the past on a day like today id start drinking around noon. Even now that sounds amazing. Just go get a few bottles of wine and watch some mindless crap on Netflix. But I won't. The temptation will pass.

To all of you thinking about quitting, just do it. It's not all sunshine and roses, but it's worth it.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 75 days sober! Early recovery can be up and down, but it's so much better than drinking.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic Josh!! Great job on Day 75!!
Old 02-28-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent
Old 02-28-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fantastic in 75 days....
Old 02-28-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations. I get those same fleeting temptations. Especially when a friend bought me a beer and the waiter just placed it in front of me. But isn't it great that those temptations don't rule over us anymore and the obsession is gone.
I think it will get even easier with time, as long as we keep doing whatever keeps us sober.