Notices

You are Here Weekender Feb 26 to 28 Part 2

Old 02-27-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I figured out the meetings I'm going to hit tonight and what the plan is (FOOD) for in between so that makes me feel better about my day.

A lazy day on the couch feels so different when you don't have a job. The guilt! Lol

I semi-adulted a little bit. I paid the parking tickets instead of contesting them. I found out since I never changed my car registration when I moved, they weren't going to dismiss them. It was only semi adulting though bc I put them on a credit card instead of my debit card.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I figured if I went to costco I could get a free lunch. No chance. They must wrap it up around 2. NO free demonstration food for me today. But that didn't stop me from spending way too much money. The fridge and freezer have been looking empty lately. So I did my quarterly stock up on food run. And after seeing weasel's sausage and pepper dish, I just had to buy the more sausage than you can eat in three months pack. Actually, I think it is 36 lengths 6 packs of six... one hot + one regular= 72. It's for the cook out, yeah... so when I run out of money in June, at least I'll have food, I wasn't going to buy 'meat' because I have all I need. But that sausage and peppers...

guess it's time to wrap it up...

Old 02-27-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Yeah that picture was super sexy. Nice meat, Ken!

I'm going to snack a little before I leave. So feel free to entertain me for the next 45 minutes xoxo
Old 02-27-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Eating a bowl of split pea soup that I made in the crockpot today. I guess I'll have my cheeseburger tomorrow.
Watching the movie Everest. ...it's making me grateful for being home, comfy and warm. I have no desire to climb to a peak like that.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

HAF, I put on my big-girl-in-the-kitchen pants for the first time not long ago and made split-pea soup in the slow cooker. It's delish, isn't it! I also thought "Everest" was done well, though the desire to climb escapes me. If you're interested, Jon Krakauer's book, "Into Thin Air," is exceptional.

Brynn, the beignet were divine. It's just that I didn't need to consume so many. That's my eating for the rest of the day. The little binge didn't exactly, uhm, agree with me.

Just finished "Amy." What a sad, sad story.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Tetra, it was pretty funny.

At one point, I was reading books on Irish history and politics. I find it fascinating.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Check out 'The Man Who Skied Down Everest'. Nutso Dude. Killer Images, though...
Old 02-27-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

My favorite was Trinity, by Leon Uris for Irish history.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Ven I agree two times- " Amy" was very sad but very good.
And " into thin air" is one of my favourite books, I really love Krakauer's books.
" into the wild" was really good too.

I just drove to grab a coffee, the transcanada highway runs through my city and its right by my house so I drive on it everyday.

I was trying to turn onto it, just waiting at the corner for a break in traffic; but naturally its a very busy and fast road, so sometimes you gotta wait for a bit to get in.
Two drunk guys walked into the middle of the road stopping traffic both ways-waving their arms, all the cars didn't know what to do so it was kinda a mess.

Anyway, one of them comes running up to my car furious and and starts yelling at me " what are you? F1cking stupid? You stupid women don't know how to drive, I was making the cars stop so you could turn you f1cking idiot."
He scared me and almost made me cry

So I was supposed to drive out into 4 lanes of a freeway; because two drunk idiots stopped the traffic, and I was supposed to read their minds that it was for me to turn? What gentleman.....
I'm staying in the rest of the night.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
His thread is so funny, I love how there's always 3 different conversations going on haha

Melina: do you have a park or outdoor space you can hang out in? I find any kind of exercise outdoors always lifts my mood. Xoxo

Speaking of which; I just went for a walk along the river in the rain so crazy to have rain instead of snow- it was a beautiful walk though, and the pathways were pretty much empty.

I found smart recovery meetings for almost everyday of the week here, I'll give it a whirl.
I like AA speaker meeting because I like listening to stories so maybe I'll check those out too.

I watched the movie " Amy" last night about Amy Winehouse, a perfect example of how alcohol kills- poor girl
I want to watch that, her story is really sad.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
My favorite was Trinity, by Leon Uris for Irish history.
I read that too and its very good!
Old 02-27-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Oh Jen, I'm sorry.

Bumtrons all over North America.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Speaking of Ireland, one of my exes was just calling me from there, what time is there tetra? 2am? Saturday night? I didn't answer! Haha
I'll call him back tomorrow
Old 02-27-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Ireland: A Short History by Joseph Coohill, No Ordinary Women by Sinead McCoole, and When The Luck of The Irish Ran Out by David Lynch. Those are the three I read.

I have tried to understand the whole British/Northern Ireland/Ireland thing. It's just stunning to me how things happened the way they did. The IRA, Sinn Fein, and how N. Ireland is the UK. Amazing really.

The Sinead McCoole book was great. It was about female activists and revolutionaries.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I read Leon Uris' "QBVII" when I was in 8th grade. I felt oh-so sophisticated. Great book.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I think I read qbvii...isn't that about the Holocaust? If it's the book I'm thinking of, it really traumatized me. Graphic details about the atrocities and horror.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Now I'm watching A Walk in the Woods....it's movie night here!
Old 02-27-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I don't think QBVII is the Holocaust book....just looked it up. I like Leon Uris...I'll put it on my list. I wonder what book I was thinking of -
Old 02-27-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
I don't think QBVII is the Holocaust book....just looked it up. I like Leon Uris...I'll put it on my list. I wonder what book I was thinking of -
Night by Elie Wiesel?
Old 02-27-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

No...I think it was QBVII.....Night was another upsetting one.