Black tie
No blacks
Old 02-28-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Black tie
No blacks
They should have tossed a brother(or sister) a bone.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Today was a rubbish day. I woke up not feeling the best.
I don't think I have been eating enough so I find myself feeling hungry late at night and sometimes I have a few cookies.
Today I woke up with a pounding headache. I can only describe it as feeling hungover though I did not drink.
I wanted to stay in bed. I mean we all deserve a "Rest Day". But my dad was insisting I get up "You'll feel better". Then my mom told me I looked dreadful. Her constant need for reassurance is driving me mad.
I had a row with my dad in the car because he told me that they worry about me and I can count the number of times we have fought on one hand.
I told him that I feel resentful. He said "why are you resentful? We did the best we could for you, the best education, everything".
I just looked at him and said "Truthfully, hand on heart I have never in my life felt resentful towards YOU".
He sighed and admitted he has felt resentful towards my mother at times as well. I explained to him how upset I feel when my mom says "won't you look after me in my old age?"
He told me that she has mentioned several times to him that she is afraid of a stroke or something. Well she doesn't take care of herself so I am not surprised.
Actually he gave me similar advice to MesaMan. My dad said if she brings it up again just say "Don't worry mom, we will make sure you are looked after", and leave it at that and carry on doing your thing.

Maybe it is my fault too. I was trying to force myself out of bed because I thought that if I stayed in bed I would be asked if I was drinking. My dad said it never crossed his mind today but it might have crossed my mother's mind.

I have been given a lot of advice by friends from this site over the years about how my mother can be toxic. I guess I never wanted to believe it before. I read an article last night about narcisstic mothers and suddenly it is all making sense.
The games. The manipulation. The pressure. The expectation that I'd always do exactly what she wanted when she wanted, and the harsh repercussions when I failed to comply. The complete lack of boundaries. The constant, insatiable need for affirmation and attention. The way she turns every single conversation into being about her.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

My mother was a narcissist, Tetra. I figured yours might be too, from what you've shared on here.

It's tough being the daughter of a narcissist mother.

On top of it, mine was an alcoholic. She was a monster at times.

I am always rooting for you.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
My mother was a narcissist, Tetra. I figured yours might be too, from what you've shared on here.

It's tough being the daughter of a narcissist mother.

On top of it, mine was an alcoholic. She was a monster at times.

I am always rooting for you.
Ditto

Except for the being a daughter part obviously
Old 02-28-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

guys.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Babysitting Nugget tonight. Her mum insists on organic everything, so I'm complying. Man, some of the organic stuff is expensive. I buy as much organic as I can anyway, but haven't made a total switch. Not feeling like nearly doubling my grocery bills. It's easier in the summer when I can go to the Farmer's market, or grow it myself.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

One year I ordered a weekly CSA box of organic produce. It was outrageously priced. I ate vegetables I didn't know existed, lol. Crazy shaped squash in all kinds of color combinations. Really beautiful produce. I was working at my old company and could afford it better, and ironically, I was drinking very heavily at the time. Alcoholic drinking and eating organic foods. I must've been trying to offset the damage done.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Hi guys. ..
I had a wonderful hike this morning and was back in bed by noon....I don't know why it wiped me out like it did. Maybe I'm not used to it, but I do walk every morning. Who knows. I had a nice, restful afternoon anyway.
now the Oscars are coming on.
mld...your dog is precious!
Old 02-28-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I love seeing all your pups! They make me smile

Well....I survived 24 hours of babysitting a one year old and he did too yay! No major bumps or bruises which is saying a lot for a very new walker who still prefers crawling cause it's so much faster! I miss him already.....must be hormones. I always blame all my feelings on hormones lol.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Marty.....Thankfully my god sons mom isn't picky about what he eats even though I aways make fresh fruits and veggies and get the best yogurts for him. She lets him eat things I would never consider giving a baby. And when you start reading baby food labels it's appalling the amount of sodium they contain!

Glad you got rested up today HAF!

I never watch awards shows. I'm a fud I guess. And I rarely watch movies so I wouldn't know what they were talking about anyway.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hey guys, here's a link to the new book club I created, A Novel Idea. It's for anyone here on SR. If you want to read with us, feel free to join!: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ovel-idea.html

I'm too sleepy right now, but in the morning I'll be making a thread separate from the group where we'll take book suggestions for nomination, and then vote via poll.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Hi all!

I went to an AA meeting, it was good. I was going to hit another one there but I haven't been able to shake this tiredness all day. Even with all the coffee I drank.

So I'm home and I'm going to lie low. Just relax.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I usually don't watch award shows, but my son wanted to watch tonight. It's actually pretty good. We are enjoying it. Helps that I've actually seen several of the movies.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:04 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'm half watching it. It's pretty good. I guess I'll see the revenant. And what about that mad max movie? I never even heard of it! Ooops.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

I heard about it, wanted to see it, but somehow missed it when it was in theaters. Maybe they will release it again for a while, now that it's winning so much. Seems like one that should be seen on a big screen.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:15 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks for the heads up on the book club!
Old 02-28-2016, 07:58 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

I just remembered that I heard about this Irish tradition when a woman can as a man to marry her on February 29.

I wonder - do I still have a time to catch a plane to Ireland.

2016 is a Leap Year - that means women can ask men to marry them - IrishCentral.com
Old 02-28-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

I'm watching Oscars too. Mad Max should totally be seen on the big screen! I didn't expect it to win so much, but I'm glad it is.

I am debating whether I want to see Amy...

I have a kitty curled up next to me. Heaven! It's her second week with us, she's becoming much more relaxed and comfortable.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

'Marriage is a fine Institution. But, who wants to live in an Institution'?

~ Groucho Marx ~