Notices

Hey.

Old 02-26-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey.

I went to post a letter today. As I walked up to the mailing office door I clocked a women coming towards me with a pram in the same direction, you know the old unstoppable force meets an immovable object paradox. She had a kid on her shoulders too and had another kid walking in her hand, three of them. She looked like she was really working hard but happy too. I opened the door for her and gestured her to come through, I looked at the kids and we all laughed, that was such a pleasure for me.

As I was walking back home I came across a guy selling a Big Issue, it's a mag that homeless people sell here for cash. Anyway, I bought one just 'cus. His dog was sleeping and I kneeled down to stroke it, It purred like a cat and we both laughed. the weather is crap here and it warmed me up for sure.

You know what it's like walking through any city centre,you glance people then they glance you. You're nobody they are nobody. One girl caught my eye, she had incredibly long, blonde beautiful hair down to her hips. she had a navy blue coat on, like the kind Paddington bear wears. she had a freckled face and kinda walked goofy but self assured. I really felt a huge pang of attraction towards her. You know when girls know they are hot, this one didn't. The most attractive thing about her though was how humble she was of her beauty. I could kinda smell her too as she walked past. A good smell, what a weirdo!

Anyway, I've been pretty sick of late. But when i'm really on the edge I remember to breathe and for me these things are what life is about. I'm grateful I had these experiences today.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Jim that was excellent to read your a true gent I open doors aswell that part warmed me up thank you for a really uplifting post
Old 02-26-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dayym didn't get to edit in time. I remembered life is about sharing experiences with people. Naturally I thought of SR, I thought I might as well share them with the whole world
Old 02-26-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

How are you doing? Hope you are well and happy.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's good to take time to notice what's going on around you when you are out and about. I try to be more mindful of people when I'm out too. I hope you have a great day.
Old 02-26-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry you've been ill Jim - all ok now?

D
Old 02-26-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think sometimes watching the world around us, people, places, the clouds, the trees is something I'm now grateful for in Sobriety, the world doesn't have to be this crazy million mile an hour thing all the time, we can sit back, reflect, I walk past 100s of people a day, but only occasionally do I really see them rather than simply walking past them.

Hope you feel better soon Jim!!
Old 02-27-2016, 02:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Jim it's so good to see you! I'm sorry that you've been ill, I do hope you are well on the road to recovery.

It's good to hear you speaking so appreciatively of the quotidian pleasures that are there for us all.

I always remember you with great fondness Jim, I hope to see you around more.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's great how you start to appreciate the simple things again. Like holding the door open for someone at the gas station while sober and relaxed as opposed to getting in and out as fast as you can with your mind in a fog because you're whitenuckling it home as fast as you can to get to the booze.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wonderful post JimJim
I agree that's just what life is about
Glad to see you here
Old 02-27-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Glad to see you posting, Jim.

How is it going?
Old 02-27-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Jim