SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   You Are Here! Weekender Feb 26... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/385684-you-here-weekender-feb-26-a.html)

gettingsmarter 02-25-2016 06:59 AM

I'm on!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...6-graphic4.jpg
My Pig found the the worlds largest snow cone.

Hi Piggin!

Hi GoingNowhere!

Melina 02-25-2016 07:00 AM

Here!

Great intro, Ken! Thank you!

Good morning, everyone! My arrow on the map says Coffee in Bed and SR. My true north mornings. I love you guys!

MesaMan 02-25-2016 07:35 AM

Under my 'Other Duties As Required' Responsibilities - much like that CYA line in about any Job Description - allow me to present the Stats on the prior Weekender Bender:

Views - Posts

5,160 -- 498 - - Part I

3,262 -- 346 - - Part II

8,422 -- 844 - - Totals

So far as my thoroughly-A-R Tests indicated prior, the 'View' Total does not increase whenever one of us Posters looks at the Thread.

Nothing is interesting, apparently... :eek5:

In other News, Pot Noobs get a lil too frisky up at this Mile-High Altitude. Do not try this at Home, Kiddies! The current, increased ER Visits Stat is 0.0168%. That is, 168 ER Visits were recorded per 10,000 Visitors to Colorado.

- Pot Usage Sends More Colorado Tourists To ERs Than Locals -

From [Scotch-addled] Memory. Pot Sales here last Year totaled $996 Million.

- 'Dreadlock Holiday' ~ 10cc -

LBrain 02-25-2016 07:37 AM

awesome GS - does your pig go down the slide too?

the worst part of giving the vials of blood is when she wraps that rubber strap around your arm and pulls out arm hairs - ouch! then the tape on your arm that pulls out the arm hairs - ouch!
had my oats and off to TSC (tractor supply company) for lime - it's kinda like that place MLD talked about last week up in Wisconsin, yah
I made sure to call first with the sku # before I wasted the gas this time...
also picked up bags of topsoil from wally world to get a start on replenishing the raised beds... compost is next...

DreaJean 02-25-2016 07:47 AM

Thank you - :grouphug: I am in!

Ruby2 02-25-2016 07:54 AM

Brain, is it warm enough to be gardening? Or just planning ahead? It's cold here, with snow coating the yard.

Ruby2 02-25-2016 07:54 AM

Hi DreaJean. Welcome to the weekend thread.

Jsbodhi 02-25-2016 07:56 AM

Hi goingnowhere, piggin, chrisben, dreajean!
This weekender thread has been the main thing thats kept me sober and helped me actually live my life.

Haha mesa! It appears nothing is interesting- but look at Seinfeld, same thing ;)

Busy work day.
I made a veggie burger last night and it was pretty gross, normally I love veggie burgers, maybe I'll make my own.

Jsbodhi 02-25-2016 07:59 AM

Its been the nicest weather here for about a month.
the forecast is + 15 degrees celsius today, its been about +5-10 for a month.
Its been great! But weird!

Jsbodhi 02-25-2016 08:01 AM

GS, your pig is hilarious!
It he/she slow? Like does it take forever to get anywhere with the pig? How do you get he/she into the vehicle?

gettingsmarter 02-25-2016 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi (Post 5815572)
GS, your pig is hilarious!
It he/she slow? Like does it take forever to get anywhere with the pig? How do you get he/she into the vehicle?

Yes he is super slow. Sometimes I have to take him to his Grandpig's house when I go out of town and it is quite the ordeal. I bought a minivan just for him and had to make a ramp which he doesn't like to use. It can take half an hour to get him in our out of the van.

Treats are the only thing that gets him in. It was easy when he was small enough to carry. Now it's a whole different story.

He's on a diet and losing weight I might add. I wander if they make a P-90X for pigs.

Melina 02-25-2016 08:50 AM

I have to do some major Adulting today including the library, the dmv and the post office.

grumble grumble grumble

MesaMan 02-25-2016 08:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what you need to throw on, Mel, while you go out and about to whip on that Adult Schitte today. MesaMate from an old Boulder CO Halloween Party...

She ducked into the Liquor Store on the way to this Party. Some massive Biker in the Parking Lot asked her to dump me, and 'go party' with him. Some Halloween Costumes simply have a more Timeless Appeal than others, eh? I made the Cat O'Nine Tails Whip out of a Dowel Rod, and a cut-up Car Wash Chamois.

Regrettably, the appropriate John Mellencamp Song Video - 'Hurts So Good' - is shot in some Dive Bar. So, no Link_y on that one...

Trees39 02-25-2016 09:03 AM

In. Happy Friday!

lunar 02-25-2016 09:04 AM

Jsbodhi 02-25-2016 09:05 AM

Mesamate is gorgeous!

Melina 02-25-2016 09:05 AM

Lol, Mesa!

I think my uniform of hoodie and yoga pants that have never been to yoga are going to have to do it.

You crack me up!

MesaMan 02-25-2016 09:08 AM

Which reminds me, Trees:

What are you wearing right now? Hee hee. That Post cracked me up! :rolleyes2

happyandfree 02-25-2016 09:12 AM

I love your pig, gettingsmarter.
:)

Behan 02-25-2016 09:16 AM

It's nice to check in here of a European afternoon.

Greetings DreaJean and any other new passengers.

If you are struggling, visualise the cat-o-9-tails whipping your AV into submission!!! :)