Notices

You Are Here! Weekender Feb 26...

Old 02-26-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
Also, I really do not believe Asperger's is a disorder that needs to be fixed. It is a difference in interpreting the world and a little understanding from others goes a long way. Getting a diagnosis has really helped my marriage.
I think you're right about it being different than what is considered a disorder. I'm glad it's helped your marriage.

My husband does think I have the traits. But this hasn't helped us very much. Nothing has changed.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
I still love all that nature backpacking- I meant more a backpack, me, alone in Cambodia with food poisoning, on a third class train with not even a seat for 36 hours, sleeping in a dorm room at a hostel, and not understanding the language for 3 months haha.

I have to do shorter trips now, 2 weeks now- with a private room at the hostel and a seat on the train
Oh, ok! The European version.

I go into the woods. I'm happiest twenty hours from pavement. Love sleeping in tents.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Bass is just so frustrating because nothing covers the noise.
It goes through everything, music is fine because I can turn on music or put in ear plugs, but bass shakes walls, cuts through ear plugs, goes over white noise.
I absolutely hate whoever invented it.
  # 364 (permalink)  

Hi weekenders. Officially the start of my weekend. Sober. Pretty bad day so I'm going to read through and try to let this thread cheer me up, it worked last night. You guys are a hoot.
  # 365 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Oh, ok! The European version.

I go into the woods. I'm happiest twenty hours from pavement. Love sleeping in tents.
I like this kind too.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Now you're all probably wondering what kind of idiot doesn't bring a towel.
It's the kind that hates bag check so much; that I stuff what little I can get into the backpack to make it fit as a carry on..... Yes, for a trip longer than a month...
Old 02-26-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Soberp: are you happy with the results of your surgery? Do you look very different?
Old 02-26-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

I've arrived at my meeting. I cannot stop eating today. Like a bottomless pit. I don't usually feel hungry or eat after I get home.

I was thinking about picking up on social cues. Sometimes I can do it. Sometimes I'm oblivious. It's the oblivious that causes discomfort. But it reminded me of the most recent Dr. Who episodes. There were bits were something happened that he knew he needed to say something but was at a loss so he'd whip out cue cards and shuffle through them to find the appropriate response. I could so identify with that.

Sao, I'm picturing bad sateen dresses when I read bridesmaid. Too bad.

Time to go in. See you all later.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Old Bass Player here, Jen. It's been nice knowing you...
Old 02-26-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

First Saturday morning I've woken without having drunk copious amounts the nights before. I still feel and look hung over though. I am trying to keep my liquids up and I know it'll get better. Gotta keep busy today so tonight I'm too exhausted, or feel too happy with myself for finally having a productive Saturday, that I don't drink.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
I am completely people and body-language blind and my literal language and language interpretation skills are a constant source of social - and later, internal - conflict.
I think this explains my perennial fascination with words, language, and interpretation of meaning.

It must've been a survival skill from a very early age.

I remember being plunked down into daycare (must've been 3 or 4) and being absolutely petrified of being surrounded by what I thought were aliens.

I felt no connection with other children, none. I screamed bloody-murder for hours until my mom arrived.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Old Bass Player here, Jen. It's been nice knowing you...
Guitar or the speakers type?
Is that how its spelled when its the speakers blaring? Guitar is ok.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Soberp: are you happy with the results of your surgery? Do you look very different?
I'm very happy with it, yes. It's one of those once-in-a-lifetime dreams come true. I started this journey more than ten years ago! So, it feels very satisfying that I'm nearly done.

No, I don't look very different. My face is just perfectly balanced now from the side.

This should put an end to some of the teeth-grinding at night as well. One molar on the right side was taking a lot of force, and so this should correct all that.

It also helps with breathing. It opens up my mouth space some.

And I can also tell it's changed my vocal sounds -- a bit of a deeper sound because it's a larger mouth now.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi goingnowhere! Sorry you had a rough day. Hope things are better soon

Yay piggin! You're on your way!

Ruby....I'm like that the day before my period. Otherwise I'm a picky eater and don't think that much about food.

Sao...I picture you as the traditional type with a classic sense of style. Skinny jeans would never fit my perception of you.

I got some mangos today and they are goooood! Just had them with strawberries yum!
Old 02-26-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Brain! Where's Brain? Brain,tell these people Bass is tasty and can be cooked a lot of ways.
  # 376 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
I think this explains my perennial fascination with words, language, and interpretation of meaning.

It must've been a survival skill from a very early age.

I remember being plunked down into daycare (must've been 3 or 4) and being absolutely petrified of being surrounded by what I thought were aliens.

I felt no connection with other children, none. I screamed bloody-murder for hours until my mom arrived.
That sounds absolutely terrifying potamus!
  # 377 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
I'm very happy with it, yes. It's one of those once-in-a-lifetime dreams come true. I started this journey more than ten years ago! So, it feels very satisfying that I'm nearly done.

No, I don't look very different. My face is just perfectly balanced now from the side.

This should put an end to some of the teeth-grinding at night as well. One molar on the right side was taking a lot of force, and so this should correct all that.

It also helps with breathing. It opens up my mouth space some.

And I can also tell it's changed my vocal sounds -- a bit of a deeper sound because it's a larger mouth now.
Great news!!
Old 02-26-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
That sounds absolutely terrifying potamus!
It was traumatic. I remember it in detail. I remember clutching my blanket. They tried to take it from me and put it into one of those cubbyhole storage things ... I ran for it and tried to get it. They wouldn't let me have it. I think I screamed and cried myself into some sort of meltdown state.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

How can you possibly not like the way bass taste or sound?

Old 02-26-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 380 (permalink)