Notices

Wish it was over

Old 02-23-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I just wanted to let you know that i've been there, and I know exactly how you feel, emme.
There are times when I've wanted to give up, and I've felt so down on myself, that I've thought I don't want to live.
This too shall pass. Things will get better. Believe in that.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

have you ever used any of these tips emme?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

at the risk of repeating myself, I think making a recovery plan would be a great thing for you to do as well?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 02-23-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Dee, thanks for the links. I did have a plan but it was more just ways to improve my life in general (daily meditation, prayer, re-learning an old hobby, journaling, etc). There needs to be a lot more added to it, specifically how to get through 6-8pm, and I need to follow it. I started out well in early Jan but stopped doing some of the things on my list. I will work on it. Thanks again for the links.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

emme,

exactly a year ago today W walked into my meeting . well, actually she shuffled, determined but in agony. it was obvious, the determination and the agony.
it hurt just to see her.
i remember clearly what she said. because she was so succinct, adding nothing extraneous: "i can't stop drinking. i don't know how.i need your help."
tomorrow night, i get to introduce her for her one-year sobriety anniversary.

don't give up, look around and see what those with the kind of sobriety you want have done, and see if you're willing to do those things.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

(((emme))).

Don't give up; don't ever give up. After quite literally thousands of Day 1s, I truly thought that I was a hopeless case. Before it finally stuck, I was in a bad place, too.

You can do this, emme. I have no doubt.

The links that soberwolf posted are really helpful.

Remember that we are here 24/7/365; you can len on us anytime.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:43 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks fini & SoberLeigh~

fini - I am trying to get up the courage to go to a meeting on Saturday morning. It is close to my home and for women only, not that I don't want men there but the last meeting I went to was much too large for me to be comfortable and I am hoping this one will be smaller.

SoberLeigh, I did look at some of the links soberwolf provided and they are helpful. I will continue to look into them more in depth. There are some books I want to read from one of the links he provided. Thanks for your support.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:15 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do this Emme x
Old 02-24-2016, 01:53 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leviathan View Post
I've been there. All I could do was latch onto the hope that things would be better if I could get straight. Then I went after that like it was the only thing that mattered. -cause it was.
Hmmm yeah. I like what you said there "Then I went after it (sobriety) like it was the only thing that mattered - cause it was"

I feel like this too

And I felt like that 2 years ago when I stopped smoking cigarettes, went cold turkey, haven't had a single puff since
Old 02-24-2016, 01:56 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Emme love

You say you wish it was over.

Well hun, if you stop drinking for good then it will be over. You need to stop drinking for the drinking, hangovers, pain etc to be over.