SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 11 - Double Digits since yesterday. :) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/385381-day-11-double-digits-since-yesterday.html)

MikeM 02-20-2016 04:14 AM

Day 11 - Double Digits since yesterday. :)

Today is Day 11 for me.

I still have the flu, so just a quick message.

Yesterday I had an appointment with my doctor to arrange a physical to see if I have some damage from drinking. I couldn't go. I don't like to walk down the street vomiting. :)

Ah well, there's probably nothing wrong. I see no urgent symptoms. No symptoms at all in fact. So it can wait a little bit.

So, I'm going to browse around while listening to my sobriety song (it's on my mini Youtube on my profile). And then, back to bed. Wait until I'm better.

Be well everyone!

Dee74 02-20-2016 04:17 AM

get well soon Mike - I think that should be the priority.
If you need the Dr you can always get a cab or something...:)

D

MikeM 02-20-2016 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 5805817)
get well soon Mike - I think that should be the priority.
If you need the Dr you can always get a cab or something...:)

D

True. But nothing is really urgent right now. If it were, I would just have them come over.

But indeed. Priorities.

least 02-20-2016 04:39 AM

Congrats on 11 days sober! :) Isn't it wonderful, waking up sober? :)

Soberpotamus 02-20-2016 04:48 AM

Congrats, Mike. Hope you beat the flu soon. Get some rest.

RattleAndHum 02-20-2016 04:57 AM

Congrats, keep it up, and get well soon!

SobrieTee 02-20-2016 04:59 AM

Congrats on 11 days! You are doing great!

Not to scare you, but I had some pretty bad liver damage from drinking, and I never had any symptoms. I had to change my diet and add some supplements, which ultimately healed my liver. Definitely take care of that flu first, but don't put off your doctor appointment too long :)

MikeM 02-20-2016 05:38 AM

Thank you all. There's a reason that posting here is in my Wellness Toolbox. It really helps. Everyone helps. Whether it's a long post or a "Way to go!", it all helps a lot. And I'm very grateful for that.

Thanks for your post SobrieTee (gotta love that name!). I think I have nothing to worry about but am prepared for bad news.

Also, there is one thing that just came to mind that I wanted to share. I don't remember where I got it from, but I think it was someone on tv talking about health. I'm not sure what they said exactly, but I'm paraphrasing.

They talked about how people say that the body is a temple. But that he saw it differently. The body is like a car.

Now I LOVE that. Being the realist that I am, I found that brilliant. Because it's a much better metaphor. The body is not a stationary object that you have to treat well. It's a moving object that you need to keep in optimum condition. Fill the tank with what it needs. Refresh the oil. Keep it clean. Keep the brakes working. Every part of it. And if someone is broken or about to break, do something about it.

That way you can move through life as well as possible. A temple is nice, but it doesn't go anywhere. I'd be bored to tears within the first 2 hours. :)

Just wanted to share this gem that I came across.

Anna 02-20-2016 05:47 AM

Mike, 11 days is awesome! I hope your flu clears up soon.

Soberwolf 02-20-2016 05:49 AM

I love every single post you make mike its a blessing it really is I had a flu with Mrs sw 2 years ago and it was awful

Rest up & spk soon Mike

FormerWineGirl 02-20-2016 05:55 AM

Way to go, Mike. There's a better, more fulfilling, healthy, engaging life out there sober, and you are well on your way!

PurpleKnight 02-20-2016 09:25 AM

Great job on Day 11 Mike . . . hope you feel better soon!! :)

sva777 02-20-2016 10:12 AM

Feel better and go see you Dr. As soon as your able. Many symptoms of problems we have after years of drinking are invisible. This is why you hear about seemingly healthy people dropping dead at early ages. They had symptoms but never thought to get checked because in their minds "they felt okay". Sometimes even happens to the ones who say they exercise and eat healthy.

Get checked and put yourself truly at ease.

MidnightBlue 02-20-2016 10:15 AM

Congrats on double digits, Mike!

Get well soon and take care of yourself)

Plure 02-20-2016 10:18 AM

Congrats Mike! Keep on truckin'... :)

ZeldaFan 02-20-2016 10:30 AM

Congratulations, Mike! I hope you get to feeling better soon. The doctor will still be there once you are all flu-free and back to normal. Even if you hadn't been drinking heavily, it's still a good idea to get a physical once a year. That's definitely something I slacked on for way too long.

I like your car metaphor. It makes far more sense than a temple. You really do have to take care of it, get it checked out from time to time and treat it with respect.