Notices

A worthy weekender Feb 19

Old 02-18-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I'm in for another sober weekend!

Still trying to wake up after a nightmare where everything was in military time lol! (Takes me forever to figure out military time...thus the nightmare)
Old 02-18-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm in. Being worthy and bedbugs. Diverse topics so far today.

Brain, safe travels. I hope traffic isn't too awful.

Tetra, good for you. And one night isn't bad.

Husband dropped kids at school so I have a few minutes to play with. Weas, you nailed it on the head for me with "but do I care?". I can withstand the cravings I might have. I'm at the point of " do I care if I drink? And do I care what happens if I do? ". Today, that's a yes. I do care. And I won't drink.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello everyone
Old 02-18-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Weekenders!!! It's been awhile since I've posted here...several big life changes have kept me busy and out of my routine for the last few months... I've acquired a husband, stepson, new house in a new town, 2 turtles, 1 snake, and a dog. Phew! This new life isn't easy, but it's so good.
And I attribute it all to caring enough about my future over a year ago to dedicate myself completely to a sober life. (Shout out to Octsobers 2014!) The decision to face and embrace life openly and honestly can completely turn around a day, a weekend, a month, a year, a lifetime. It certainly has for me.
Thanks, Ken, for getting us started. It's great to see so many familiar friends here.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I work in housing and bud bugs are a huge problem. I check the registry when I travel for work and keep my suitcase in a garbage bag in the hotel room. It's a nightmare when you get them. I worked with a girl who got them and she went through hell.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders!! My weekend is going to be pretty packs with kid events, and a work event tomorrow night.

Ken, I know what you mean about drinking. The past week or so I haven't really even thought about wine, but sometimes out of the blue "Bam!"

Glad to be heading into another sober weekend, and Saturday will be 50 days for me, which I am pretty excited about.

In tribute to my January 2016 class "Carry on!!"

❤️Delilah
Old 02-18-2016, 06:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
I'm definitely in for a sober weekend.
And....I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Kinzoku!!

I am glad I am up and starting to get ready for work, this conversation about bedbugs is making me itchy!
Old 02-18-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'm on!
Old 02-18-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Actually Friday will be 50 days!!
Old 02-18-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Count me in - a most worthy theme! When we refuse each drink in each triggering situation, we are saying to our selves that we are worth more than that drunken mess we transform into.

Greetings everyone.

Bunking a little early from work today. Bit of a road trip planned later. Have a work thing tomorrow, then a nice weekend visiting relatives.

Be well all.

B
Old 02-18-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hello weekenders,

I'm in for another beautiful Sober weekend & Lots of spring cleaning. No bed bugs here!

Thanks MLD for the registry tip--had no idea that existed. A few years back when we checked in to a hotel somewhere down south DH started unpacking while I snooped around. Following my quick inspection, DH had to repack.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Delilah--- we'll celebrate 50 together!
Old 02-18-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Lbrain,

I don't get your cool songs or pics. Is that an adobe update issue or something else? Anyone else have that problem? Thanks.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I'm in for another sober weekend!

I guess I have been a little too hard on my wife for making me put a garbage bag around my suitcase when I get to the hotel room. I never knew the bed-bug horror until today.

Happy sober weekend everyone!
Old 02-18-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

While in the Laundromat down in lovely Bullhead City Arizona recently, I was leafing through the local Rag Newspaper. There was this huge Ad for a Guy with Dobermans trained to detect Bedbugs. He claimed a >90% accuracy rate using his Dogs' Schnoots. One of the purported Features - > Benefits of his Service was to not throw away perfectly good Mattresses or Bedding; especially from any number of 'iffy' Motels down there.

I use 24 Hour Time 'round here. I would set my very-accurate Wristwatch on U.S. Atomic Time before heading out on Int'l Biz Trips. In a Train Station like Geneve, the Trains DO run on time. So, catching the 'right' Train locally vs. one 3 Minutes later that goes overnight nonstop to Spain can be important! I lived by that Watch Readout, cuz it might lose all of 1 Second in 2 Weeks of Travel. Saved my proverbial Bacon several times.

To deter Bad Guys even Years ago, they would announce Flight Departure Gates at the last moment. Then, you had to hop on a Bus to get out to the Plane on the massive Tarmac. If you weren't with the Program, and were fn around Shopping in Duty Free, the last Shuttle Bus - leaving well before the posted Flight Departure Time [like, 17:20 Hours] - would leave w/o you. Too bad, so sad... Timing was everything.

- Lake Geneve Webcam -

And, from up this same Lake comes this true Story...

'We all came out to Montreaux
On the Lake Geneva Shoreline
...'

- 'Smoke On The Water' ~ Deep Purple ~ Live -
Old 02-18-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

That's cool Mesa. Watches. The new retro cool fashion item.

Delilah and Bandicoot, congratulations on 50 days. That really is a huge accomplishment. Keep going!

Kinzoku, happy birthday!
Old 02-18-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Morning, all!

I'm caffeinating myself and about to get ready for work. I have no idea why I woke up at 4 am, but I was up til after 5. Weird.

I have two job interviews tmro and a prospective project with my last chef.

I tried to make it work at this new job I have, but my heart's not in it. I'm going to cut ties early so I can do something I'm more passionate about for the same money anyway. I'm grateful there's some good jobs open around now.

I'm grateful for the clarity I have now that I'm sober to make these decisions wisely. I was worried I was being rash and capricious, but no matter how I have tried to talk myself into this job, I can't make the reasoning stick.

I'm coming up on two weeks since I gave in to drinking a night after being over eight months sober. I do understand I am worthy enough to stay sober and to enjoy the miracles of sobriety. I have a tough time with the lonely moments, though, and that's something I need to be vigilant of and to remember to not isolate.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:28 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm in for another sober weekend! I have a lot planned actually and I'm looking forward to having an enjoyable weekend ahead. The end of the week is going to be crazy busy so all the more reason to be excited for the weekend!
Old 02-18-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I'm in too--scoot over back there. . .

What do you sing on a bus when "99 bottles of beer on the wall"
is strictly out of bounds