Notices

Second in two weeks.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Second in two weeks.

I would like to preface this post by saying that I don't recall having drinking dreams, ever. I had a drinking dream last night, I had one last week as well. And I remember them, that's even stranger. Last week I was drinking hard alcohol, it was a relatively quiet setting, I remember getting comfortably drunk and that was about it. In real life that morning, I woke up with a dry mouth and it left me scratching my head like "what was that all about?" Didn't really think much of it, it was a dream.
So, last night I had a dream I was at some rowdy fantasy football draft party or something similar to that atmosphere. The alcohol was keg beer. I have not drank a beer in 20 years. I remember drinking the beer and fighting it really bad. Hate beer. In fact, not that it matters but I only drank spiced rum. I will not drink anything else. I could be in a bar and if they were out of spiced rum I'd drink diet soda or water. So anyway, woke up again this morning with a nasty taste in my mouth and very thirsty again. I only mention it because I've never had drinking dreams and now I've had two and two weeks.

Tackled some lingering business issues this week that were pretty serious in nature, came out quite well actually. Try to shield my wife from that stuff, no need to cause her worry. Started to diet on Monday and cut down another 10mg in pain medication. Kind of a boring post, but kinda just needed to put it out there. Hope everyone is well.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I still have drinking dreams on occasion. I wouldn't put too much worry or thought into it - you drank for years so your brain needs time to adjust. And remember that they are just dreams - we can have good dreams and bad dreams about any subject.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Agreed dreams will lessen in severity as time goes on
Old 02-17-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I seem to wake up everyday atm with a dry mouth! Really weird when you dream about drinking but the relief when you realize it was just a dream is amazing!! I think it's just a process and hopefully won't happen too often!
Old 02-17-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It was more of an observation than anything. With regards to being sober, its been quite some time since I've drank and I don't think about it too much. I have some pretty pressing issues that can't be pushed off much longer. I'm a procrastinator, and a good one. Drinking would make doing these things 100 times more difficult.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Adventurer

How long has it been since your last drink Jeff? For me I am at 70 days since my last slip.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am almost 18 months sober and still have drinking dreams. Most are quite similar in nature.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sva777 View Post
How long has it been since your last drink Jeff? For me I am at 70 days since my last slip.
I think around 27-30 days.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I probably have about one drinking dream per week it seems. Some of them I'm drinking and others I'm living day 1 in my dream. Either way they are unpleasant and tend to stick with me. The other night, I had a dream I went to the doctor for my checkup and he told me it was time for my transplant. I didn't know what he was talking about and he told me my liver had failed and a transplant was ready and I needed to go into surgery immediately. It was so disturbing that I snapped awake feeling terrified. When I realized it was just a dream, I was more relieved than you can possibly imagine. Oh subconscious mind, the things you do sometimes. I've also been having very pleasant dreams and solid nights of sleep so it all balances out.