Notices

When will the crying stop?

Old 09-16-2004, 01:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy When will the crying stop?

I have been clean for two days now but I'm going through withdrawals and they are horrible. For the past two days, I have stayed in bed crying, feeling very depressed, hopeless, and anxious. I know it is because my body is trying to detox the chemicals. My whole body aches, my nose is still bleeding and is giving me a lot of problems. I feel like I have a horrible flu and I just want to feel well again. I want to stop crying so much!! How long will it take for these negative physical effects and depression to go away?? This is a horrible feeling.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hello Hope,
I know it's just terrible going for you. I went through a week of terrible too. I wish I could tell you when it goes away. But, honey, it will go away and you'll start feeling better before you know it. It took our bodies a long time to get to a weakened state. It's going to take a few days to bring it back to life. You can do it. You are stronger than you know. Someday you'll look back on this day and realize that recovering from drugs is a long process that we must all go through. You're not alone. We're with you.
Sandy
Old 09-16-2004, 01:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hope-

Day 2 is awful, I remember it well. PLEASE remember that what you're experiencing is totally normal, anxiousness/heightened emotions and all the other things you're going through, most of us have to. You are NOT alone!! I remember being convinced that I would never feel better, that it would only get worse, etc. NOT TRUE. These feelings will ease up, I promise. Stay strong, you CAN do it!!!

Have you thought about taking a bath? It may sound silly, but a nice warm bath and a really good book usually help me, if only a little bit =).

I'll be thinking of you through this time, please PM me if you need to.

-Bea
Old 09-16-2004, 03:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hey Crystal,
It's just me again checking in on you. I hope things are going better for you.
Now I'm crying.
Sandy
Old 09-16-2004, 07:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the support! I just wanted to let you all know that as of tonight, I'm hanging in there. I have cried all day, but I know that soon I will feel better. It doesn't seem like it now, but I have the faith. Each day will only get better! I am so thankful that I have great people looking in on me.

Crystal
Old 09-16-2004, 08:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Castaway

Glad to hear you're doing better Crystal. Stay with us.
Sandy
Old 09-16-2004, 08:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

((((HOPE))))SOMETHING ABOUT THAT NAME
................STAY STRONG, ted
Old 09-17-2004, 12:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((HOPE))) I am on day 6 and I was in the same position you are in for the past 6 days. I am finally feeling better. I remember those feelings. I didn't go to my classes from them. My whole body ached and I cryed for hours upon hours. I finally am feeling a little bit better today from yesterday but it is great having a clear head today. I was, for the first time, able to appreciate a friend I have had since I was a little kid for his kindness and I have realized how much he has cared for me and for how long. Being clean today is GREAT!! Every minute is a miracle in your life. Keep it up and message me if you need to talk.

LOVE and LUCK
Jess
Old 09-17-2004, 04:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lisa

Congratulations on 2 days, Hope. I'm on day 9 and actually started a thread with the exact same title last week! I cried constantly, was always tired but had insomnia, and just felt terrible. That lasted most of last week, but this week is so much better it's unreal. Only 9 days and already I feel healthier than I have in years. Have you ever tried 5htp? It's a vitamin that raises your seratonin, you can find it at gnc. I quit using extacy and coke, and i think the x in particular really effected my seratonin levels. It's like a low-grade natural anti-depressant, and it's helped me a lot. I wish you the best in your recovery! Lisa