Notices

Alcohol in the house

Old 02-15-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
MrBrad

You should hang on to the ones that have a sentimental attachment. You won't drink those since they mean so much to you. The others can be given away.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360startstoday View Post
I would highly recommend you do. It's liberating. Another step on the right direction. Another way I've proven to myself that I'm serious.
I'm working my way up to that. Keep coming here, reading and posting instead of thinking the alcohol is my only friend. Tucking all my little milestones into my pocket one at a time. Thanks, your encouragement and post has really helped me today!
Old 02-15-2016, 08:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yep - get rid of it.

It's not your sentimental side hanging on to those bottles. It's a darker side that's finding any and all reasons to keep a wee bit of alcohol around for emergencies. I remember after I ditched all my booze, I kept a little bit of marijuana and some prescription benzos hidden around the house for a year. I told myself I was keeping that stuff there just in case. Just in case I needed them. Just in case of an emergency. Just in case I wanted to get high. I never tossed them. I eventually smoked the weed, then I scraped the pipe with a coat hanger and got as much resin as I could. Then I ground the pills down into dust and added a little to my water each night, just to take the edge off.....you can see how dangerous this situation gets.

The best way to go is to get them out of the house asap. It's the only thing to do.