Notices

The cycle: hung over and out

Old 02-14-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Notasip - Your post is perfection. Every word heart breakingly familiar. Thank you for so eloquently sharing your thoughts - I know they will help many.

It's so comforting when we share like this. When I first came here I was positive no one had ever gone through what I had. Knowing I wasn't alone meant the world - and it's kept me strong for 8 yrs.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for that. So glad to be free from those awful experiences. Life sure is better on the other side!
Old 02-14-2016, 10:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I've been on here for years and this is one of those rare posts that reaches out of the screen and grabs me. This is exactly how I went through each and every day for a period of about four years. 365 days a year. There was never a day where five o'clock came and I wasn't drinking again. The worse the hangover the more I had to drink to feel normal and relaxed and sleep the next night. Every single night.

That's not to say I felt good for the five years before that. I drank about nine years, daily, in total.

But those last four years were a special kind of hell. It's when my heavy drinking turned into serious alcoholism.

I felt so terrible every day I wondered if I would have a stroke or a heart attack. My blood pressure was consistently 180/something during those four years. I sweated all the time and had the daily emergency trips to the bathroom that you mentioned.

I stopped in June 2014 and I have had a sip of alcohol since.

There is a life on the other side. You'll get there too.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congratulations on three years sober notasip. Your post resonates far too well. I experienced too many days-after just like you described. I never want to experience another one again.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wow, what a great reminder and it's amazing so many of us have gone through years of living like that! Welcome and congrats on 3 years!
Old 02-14-2016, 10:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post

I stopped in June 2014 and I have had a sip of alcohol since.

There is a life on the other side. You'll get there too.
OH my gosh, I'm sorry I didn't see that you've been sober for three years. That's amazing. You're way ahead of me!!!!
Old 02-14-2016, 10:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Notasip
Old 02-15-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Beautifully written. I think any of us in the early stages who are massively struggling need to read this daily. What an eye opening reminder of what life was like. Yuck.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

This is why I don't want to pick up again. It's just not worth it. Thank you so much for sharing. What an awful way to live. I've been worried about my upcoming bday and this has totally made me remember why I just can't. I would rather be boring and no fun then to feel like that again. So well written.
Almost 50 days here. Thank you again. <3