Need help. Urgent :( - Page 2 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read





Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2016, 12:53 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Lucie29's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: South Florida
Posts: 161
I haven't posted in a while, just reading, but I relapsed this past weekend, hard. I literally have the same story as you do, minus the ex husband. I've been dating a new guy, and hanging out with a fun new group, who are all drinkers. I thought I was in a healthy and happy enough place to join in. I've already blacked out in front of them twice, then as the relationship fizzled out I continued drinking alone. I feel like crap again, and need to get back on the wagon. Tomorrow is day three for me. You can do it, you have to. It's only going to get worse from here and you know that. If people don't want to hang out with me, or date me, because i don't drink anymore than they did me a favor. I'd rather be alone and sober than to keep apologizing and making up excuses of why I got blackout, because eventually even your drinking friends won't want to hang out with you because you are too much of a drunk. Pick your options! The next few day will suck but you can get through it. You know it gets better after that.
Lucie29 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucie29 For This Useful Post:
fantail (03-02-2016), Mia1972 (03-18-2016), Shining~Again (03-02-2016)
Old 03-02-2016, 01:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Dropsie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,465
You can do it.

You can.

Don't beat yourself up.

Don't give up.

Two years, you did it.

You can.
__________________
I can do hard things
Dropsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dropsie For This Useful Post:
Mia1972 (03-18-2016)
Old 03-02-2016, 02:03 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Mountainmanbob's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lakeside, Ca
Posts: 10,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia1972 View Post

Since I knew he was going to drink I kind of did it as a protest. "Hmm since you will be drinking. Here you go. I am drinking as well. "
Pretty common for couples to go back out together.
We need to find and work a better program.

So easy to deceive ourselves.

M-Bob
Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mountainmanbob For This Useful Post:
Mia1972 (03-18-2016)
Old 03-02-2016, 02:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
Administrator
 
Dee74's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 182,916
Blog Entries: 1
Anyone can do it - you just need a better plan Mia - that and the willingness to change

You haven't said what you're doing now recovery plan wise, so this link is probably a good place to start?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
__________________
Dee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
least (03-18-2016), Mountainmanbob (03-02-2016), Shining~Again (03-02-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 03:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Mia1972's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 141
Blog Entries: 1
I took that medicine now.
Mia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 03:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Mia1972's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 141
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucie29 View Post
I haven't posted in a while, just reading, but I relapsed this past weekend, hard. I literally have the same story as you do, minus the ex husband. I've been dating a new guy, and hanging out with a fun new group, who are all drinkers. I thought I was in a healthy and happy enough place to join in. I've already blacked out in front of them twice, then as the relationship fizzled out I continued drinking alone. I feel like crap again, and need to get back on the wagon. Tomorrow is day three for me. You can do it, you have to. It's only going to get worse from here and you know that. If people don't want to hang out with me, or date me, because i don't drink anymore than they did me a favor. I'd rather be alone and sober than to keep apologizing and making up excuses of why I got blackout, because eventually even your drinking friends won't want to hang out with you because you are too much of a drunk. Pick your options! The next few day will suck but you can get through it. You know it gets better after that.
Why did I started to get the black out so quickly this time? I had so much problems. A man hit me. I hit the man. So much ****. Cant remember anything
Mia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
bona fido dog-lover
 
least's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: eastern USA
Posts: 82,229
Blog Entries: 32
I hope that you will soon want to be sober more than you want to drink. Drinking can lead to disaster. And if you drink and drive, you're really asking for trouble.
__________________
I'd rather live in my car with my dogs than live in a castle without them.

Dogs may not be our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.

Don't wait for the Last Judgement. It takes place every day. -Albert Camus

Find the good and praise it. - Alex Haley

least is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to least For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (03-18-2016), Mia1972 (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 04:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
Administrator
 
Anna's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Dancing in the Light
Posts: 52,644
Mia, my understanding is that we pick up where we left off. That's likely why you are getting blackouts so quickly.
__________________
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

Marianne Williamson
Anna is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (03-18-2016), least (03-18-2016), Mia1972 (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 04:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
Administrator
 
Dee74's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 182,916
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia1972 View Post
Why did I started to get the black out so quickly this time? I had so much problems. A man hit me. I hit the man. So much ****. Cant remember anything
sounds like an excellent reason to quick drinking mia.

I posted this in your other thread but I'll leave it here too.
Make a plan. You can do this

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
__________________
Dee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
least (03-18-2016), Mia1972 (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 04:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Mia1972's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 141
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Mia, my understanding is that we pick up where we left off. That's likely why you are getting blackouts so quickly.
that is so scary .....
so what is the use staying sober for 2 years if I pick up where I left off (((
Mia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mia1972 For This Useful Post:
least (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 04:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
bona fido dog-lover
 
least's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: eastern USA
Posts: 82,229
Blog Entries: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia1972 View Post
that is so scary .....
so what is the use staying sober for 2 years if I pick up where I left off (((
Don't pick up again!!!
__________________
I'd rather live in my car with my dogs than live in a castle without them.

Dogs may not be our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.

Don't wait for the Last Judgement. It takes place every day. -Albert Camus

Find the good and praise it. - Alex Haley

least is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to least For This Useful Post:
Mia1972 (03-18-2016)
Reply

Tags
fear , panic , relapse , unhappy


Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:15 PM.