Notices

Need help. Urgent :(

Old 03-02-2016, 12:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I haven't posted in a while, just reading, but I relapsed this past weekend, hard. I literally have the same story as you do, minus the ex husband. I've been dating a new guy, and hanging out with a fun new group, who are all drinkers. I thought I was in a healthy and happy enough place to join in. I've already blacked out in front of them twice, then as the relationship fizzled out I continued drinking alone. I feel like crap again, and need to get back on the wagon. Tomorrow is day three for me. You can do it, you have to. It's only going to get worse from here and you know that. If people don't want to hang out with me, or date me, because i don't drink anymore than they did me a favor. I'd rather be alone and sober than to keep apologizing and making up excuses of why I got blackout, because eventually even your drinking friends won't want to hang out with you because you are too much of a drunk. Pick your options! The next few day will suck but you can get through it. You know it gets better after that.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You can do it.

You can.

Don't beat yourself up.

Don't give up.

Two years, you did it.

You can.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mia1972 View Post

Since I knew he was going to drink I kind of did it as a protest. "Hmm since you will be drinking. Here you go. I am drinking as well. "
Pretty common for couples to go back out together.
We need to find and work a better program.

So easy to deceive ourselves.

M-Bob
Old 03-02-2016, 02:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Anyone can do it - you just need a better plan Mia - that and the willingness to change

You haven't said what you're doing now recovery plan wise, so this link is probably a good place to start?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Old 03-18-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I took that medicine now.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucie29 View Post
I haven't posted in a while, just reading, but I relapsed this past weekend, hard. I literally have the same story as you do, minus the ex husband. I've been dating a new guy, and hanging out with a fun new group, who are all drinkers. I thought I was in a healthy and happy enough place to join in. I've already blacked out in front of them twice, then as the relationship fizzled out I continued drinking alone. I feel like crap again, and need to get back on the wagon. Tomorrow is day three for me. You can do it, you have to. It's only going to get worse from here and you know that. If people don't want to hang out with me, or date me, because i don't drink anymore than they did me a favor. I'd rather be alone and sober than to keep apologizing and making up excuses of why I got blackout, because eventually even your drinking friends won't want to hang out with you because you are too much of a drunk. Pick your options! The next few day will suck but you can get through it. You know it gets better after that.
Why did I started to get the black out so quickly this time? I had so much problems. A man hit me. I hit the man. So much ****. Cant remember anything
Old 03-18-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope that you will soon want to be sober more than you want to drink. Drinking can lead to disaster. And if you drink and drive, you're really asking for trouble.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mia, my understanding is that we pick up where we left off. That's likely why you are getting blackouts so quickly.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why did I started to get the black out so quickly this time? I had so much problems. A man hit me. I hit the man. So much ****. Cant remember anything
sounds like an excellent reason to quick drinking mia.

I posted this in your other thread but I'll leave it here too.
Make a plan. You can do this

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 03-18-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Mia, my understanding is that we pick up where we left off. That's likely why you are getting blackouts so quickly.
that is so scary .....
so what is the use staying sober for 2 years if I pick up where I left off (((
Old 03-18-2016, 04:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

that is so scary .....
so what is the use staying sober for 2 years if I pick up where I left off (((
Don't pick up again!!!