Notices

Hello please someone help

Old 02-24-2016, 02:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

the ones who suggested things along the lines of " get over it" and "move on" thank you but also no thanks I do not think that you should have even commented on this thread because that is almost obvious, that's like saying the same thing to an addict hey just "stay positive" haha ludicrous advice in my personal opinion but to the others thank you very much.
I'd have replied the same way at 24 Nick so I can't blame you for that.

at my age tho (twice your age and then some) I remember spending my 20s and 30s chasing after women who I desperately wanted to remake into who I wanted them to be.

I went through a world of pain thanks to my choices.
I was just trying to convey that.

You asked for help. I shared my experience.
A lot of others did too.

It's not our fault it's not what you wanted to hear, man.
Be fair - whether you find it ludicrous or not, at least appreciate the effort we took to post to you.

anyway, no harm no foul, right?
best of luck
D
Old 02-24-2016, 03:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Nick,
Sometimes facing the fact about a situation is not pretty. Objectively, everyone here is trying to open you eyes to what they see from your posts. You may hate the message but, the messengers are good people. Maybe you need to re-read some of the posts with an open mind.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I may be wrong but I believe this is posted in the forum mainly read by the alcoholic/addict. You may get a "better" response if you post it in the friends and family of substance abusers section. That "better" response probably still won't be what you want to hear. It will probably be harsher, more honest, more adamant, and include the stories of how we ruin lives and screw good people up.

I get young love. I lived it, I am the addict that was being saved as well as the codependant that was trying to save her from a situation. It's a long road if you choose to follow it. You've admitted yourself it has been harder than deployment.

Best wishes and thank you for your service.