Notices

Kicking off day 5

Old 02-14-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Kicking off day 5

And so begins day 5. I find myself feeling strange, tired, not exactly headachy or hungover, but definitely "off" when I wake in the mornings. I got a solid 7 hours of sleep, so I don't think it's actual fatigue. I've been assuming this is withdrawal... But then it occurred to me that it has been so long since I've gone this long of a stretch with no alcohol that I have no idea what waking up sober really feels like anymore. Suffice to say, I hope the way I currently feel is temporary. I can't shake the cobwebs throughout the day. That's not to say it's making my resolve diminish in any way... Just don't want to feel like this.

So I'm plotting out the day and how I shall keep busy. We are making dinner as a family this afternoon, after sports for my son. Beyond that not exactly sure what's on tap.

I've also realized that while I'm not thinking about alcohol less, the cravings do seem to be diminishing slowly. (And my apologies to you all but they are being replaced with frequenting here and likely starting to post multiple times a day :-) )
Old 02-14-2016, 04:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent congrats on day 5 Icandobetter
Old 02-14-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 5! The cobwebs get better with time
Old 02-14-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Post away, ICDB!
Whatever gets you through...
Old 02-14-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This last time sobering up 8 years ago I was truly out of sorts for a couple of months. Sometimes slowly. I needed plenty of rest, AA meetings and healing of mind and body.

Looking back I'm thinking that exercise would have also helped but, I didn't even want to walk to the mail box.

MB
Old 02-14-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 5! I'm on day 5 too. Nice to know someone else started when I did. I find myself thinking about drinking so much during the day that I'm simply not concentrating on anything else around me. To me, that feels like cobwebs. Best of luck to you! I hope you enjoy the day!
Old 02-14-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on five days sober! Stay sober, it gets better.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alcoholfighter View Post
Congrats on day 5! I'm on day 5 too. Nice to know someone else started when I did. I find myself thinking about drinking so much during the day that I'm simply not concentrating on anything else around me. To me, that feels like cobwebs. Best of luck to you! I hope you enjoy the day!
To you as well! :-)
Old 02-14-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

I still wake up funky sometimes.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 5 also

Feeling the same lethargy hoping it gets better going to sleep soon looking forward to day 6 tomorrow
Old 02-14-2016, 10:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day five sounds hard. I'm worried about my day three tomorrow. Not so much in h day but when I get home from work ready for the 5oclock vino. I'm trying to think of things now to do. I often do two days (that means I don't drink too much right ;-)) but by that third afternoon I really need one. Well done on getting past day 5
Old 02-15-2016, 02:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zonda View Post
Day five sounds hard. I'm worried about my day three tomorrow. Not so much in h day but when I get home from work ready for the 5oclock vino. I'm trying to think of things now to do. I often do two days (that means I don't drink too much right ;-)) but by that third afternoon I really need one. Well done on getting past day 5
I'm working on finding things to reduce tension in those "I need one" moments. One thing that I'm finding helpful is meditating. Deepak Chopra has some great ones available on you tube, some as short as fifteen minutes. Last night I fell asleep while I'm was listening to one :-)
Old 02-15-2016, 03:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats! You're doing great. What you're experiencing is normal and it will pass.

Meditation is a great tool. I like it as well. I think you'd benefit from having a look at this thread, it gives you something to do:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 02-15-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Congrats! You're doing great. What you're experiencing is normal and it will pass. Meditation is a great tool. I like it as well. I think you'd benefit from having a look at this thread, it gives you something to do: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
:-). I was just looking at that yesterday :-)