SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 50 –Dinner and dancing in NYC (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/384976-day-50-dinner-dancing-nyc.html)

Betterlife1 02-13-2016 03:06 PM

Day 50 –Dinner and dancing in NYC

Day 50 today and went to a 50th bday party last night in NYC. Started with dinner, than a bunch of us went to a club. Here are some things that made it a great night and would not had been the case if I’d been drinking:

• Didn’t need to do a primer before dinner to get that pre-buzz.
• Didn’t have to worry about driving into the city buzzed after said primer
• Didn’t have to urgently pee on the way to dinner
• Didn’t have to worry about being anxious for waiter to come by so I can immediately order my first drink
• I didn’t say anything stupid and remembered everything and all conversations.
• At the club, I got to experience the pure joy of good music and friends without the artificial and very temporary “joy” of drinking!
• Walked to the parking garage around midnight without any concern about if I was sober enough to drive or the risks of driving buzzed/drunk. (BTW, on the drive home I saw a car swerve right in front of a cop and he got pulled right over.)
• The reduced costs of non-alcoholic drinks!!
• Woke up this morning a little tired, but felt great and was able to have a productive day!!

Overall and most importantly, I just felt good and healthy the entire night! I was able to really enjoy myself without touching a drink. Don’t get me wrong, there was some mild envy of the drinkers. But I felt good and strong and confident that I wasn’t drinking, and the night was fun!!

nova84 02-13-2016 03:18 PM

Congratulations Betterlife1on 50 days of sobriety 🎉🎉🎉

Your positive experience of a sober night out is inspiring and is an example that fun does not require alcohol...thank you x

least 02-13-2016 03:18 PM

Congrats on 50 days sober! :scoregood It's amazing how much fun you can have sober. :)

Gonnachange 02-13-2016 03:19 PM

Lots of win in that post.

I also live in NJ and usually go through the Lincoln Tunnel when going home and have on more than one occasion been faced with the police stopping every car; it was a comforting feeling to know that I was completely in the clear.

Delilah1 02-13-2016 03:26 PM

Sounds like you had a fantastic night, and congratulations on 50 days!!!!

Dee74 02-13-2016 04:03 PM

Sounds like a good night betterlife - congrats :)

D

Betterlife1 02-13-2016 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Gonnachange (Post 5795039)
Lots of win in that post.

I also live in NJ and usually go through the Lincoln Tunnel when going home and have on more than one occasion been faced with the police stopping every car; it was a comforting feeling to know that I was completely in the clear.

Hey Gonnachange, that's exactly how I went home last night through the Lincoln. Rt 46 is where I saw the dude swerve in front of the cop. I'm hoping he was fine and just maybe distracted. But it was so relaxing driving home not having to worry about my mental state! Also, I really like your signature quote about not having lost everything, but having so much to lose. That really sums it up for me as well. Stay well!!

Zebra1275 02-13-2016 07:17 PM

Congratulations on 50 days!

Soberwolf 02-14-2016 04:48 AM

50 days is friggin awesome

sva777 02-14-2016 05:19 AM

Congratulations on a sober great night out.