Notices

Need Some Advice

Old 09-16-2004, 12:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Need Some Advice

[COLOR=Magenta]Hey there, was wondering if there is anyone out there that could help me with a problem i am currently having.....
I just started a job last tuesday, i am making pretty good money, i've been sober now for almost 7 months, and am staying at a half way house in phoenix that i am not happy staying at.
There are several people that come home every night that are drunk, spun or cracked out, and staff just doesn't care.
I refuse to live in a place where they condone this type of life style, i am ready to get my own place, but am not financially able to do that at this point.
Does anyone know of a 1/2 way house or a 3/4 house in the central phoenix area that can take me in with no money this weekend? i get paid on the 24th, and it would be no problem to pay rent at that time.
I AM VERY DESPERATE, and feel that if i stay where i am at and continue paying rent that i myself am condoning this behavior as well, and am setting my self up for a future fall by being around active drug/alcohol abusers..... Please if you have any info on where i can go, let me know!!!
Old 09-16-2004, 01:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome dpro,

unfortunately i dont have any knowledge of halfway houses for you. do you have any sort of directory? let us know how you are doing!

hugs,

dot
Old 09-16-2004, 03:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

dpro-

Is there not someone you can report this activity too? It doesn't seem right somehow that it is happening and being gotten away with......
Old 09-16-2004, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mostly Sunny Skies

d_pro,

Try this website: http://www.phoenix.gov/CITZASST/homedire.html

A good number to start with is Lutheran Social Ministries at 602-424-0578. If they can't help, they probably can direct you to someone who can.

Good Luck

Toivo
Old 09-16-2004, 06:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Call your local Salvation Army, they have great recovery homes and some are free.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Know of a place that is just opening

Hey there is a new place that just started and it is called Sanctuary House. It will hold 5 men and is very accessable to Phoenix area. It is located in the Northwest part of town (#35 ave and Bell and has alot of potential. The couple that owns and operateds the house have over 32 years in recovery . Both AA, and NA and it is a Christian based house . YOu can call them at 480-988-2843 and one of them will call you back.

HOpe this helps and feel free to pass this on. nice little house clean and quaint.

Originally Posted by d_pro
[COLOR=Magenta]Hey there, was wondering if there is anyone out there that could help me with a problem i am currently having.....
I just started a job last tuesday, i am making pretty good money, i've been sober now for almost 7 months, and am staying at a half way house in phoenix that i am not happy staying at.
There are several people that come home every night that are drunk, spun or cracked out, and staff just doesn't care.
I refuse to live in a place where they condone this type of life style, i am ready to get my own place, but am not financially able to do that at this point.
Does anyone know of a 1/2 way house or a 3/4 house in the central phoenix area that can take me in with no money this weekend? i get paid on the 24th, and it would be no problem to pay rent at that time.
I AM VERY DESPERATE, and feel that if i stay where i am at and continue paying rent that i myself am condoning this behavior as well, and am setting my self up for a future fall by being around active drug/alcohol abusers..... Please if you have any info on where i can go, let me know!!!