Notices

VulgAnon

Old 02-12-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

VulgAnon

Looking for a VulgAnon group I can attend. The Coprophenomna is so tough, and all the bad memories of being abused for coprolalia and copropraxia. Since there were no groups dedicated to Tourette's in general I decided to look for VulgAnon, a group dedicated, to helping people with Coprophenomnea. Only all I could find is a blog with the 12 steps. I'm hoping to get control of this, so I won't unintentionally offend, or be hurt by people from this. I don't know what to do . When I get coprolalia it keeps getting worse. I constantly have mental coprolalia, even when I don't. I also sometimes give the finger without even realizing it. I end up offending people, when I didn't even know I was doing it. Please, someone help me, and tell me where I can go for this. It's horrible.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Coprophenomena - welcome

I'm afraid I don;t know anything about this, but other members may

D
Old 02-12-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not driving you away from here by any means but a Tourettes forum may offer you more information that you'll find here:

Coprolalia and Copropraxia

Tourettes Action forum

Tourette Syndrome and Tics - ACN Latitudes Forums

D

Last edited by Dee74; 02-12-2016 at 09:53 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 02-12-2016, 11:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
I do have Tourette's, and the links look helpful. I always relate well to people with TS, but there aren't really any support groups around me. Couldn't find any in Ma. If anyone knows one would be really helpful too. The reason I looked up VulgAnon, was I heard TS, is thought to be similar to an addiction. It turns out they are impossible to find though. I'm sick of constant urge, guilt if I slip up, worry, and bad memories flashbacks this brings me. Also suppressing these tics exasperates my others as well. So, I thought this VulgAnon group may be even better, because I figured there would be even more talk about coprolalia, and copraxia, than other TS support groups. I also figured it would be worth giving a shot, only all I could find was the 12 steps of VulgAnon. It just made me feel worse, like I'd never get it under control. Who knows? I guess it's just really obscure.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am sorry that I have nothing helpful or constructive to offer, but I did want to send my support. I can imagine how frustrating that must be for you. I hope you find the help you need. I assume you already have a good doctor you trust and have spoken to her or him about medications that might help.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family.