SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Guiltless Weekender Feb 12 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/384828-guiltless-weekender-feb-12-a.html)

Olive1 02-11-2016 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by MLD51 (Post 5790746)
I'm in!

Guilt - I could write a book. But I'll restrain myself. More thoughts after coffee.

What she said. ;)

ChrisBen 02-11-2016 04:55 AM

Very well said Ken. I'm in.

Hawkeye13 02-11-2016 05:00 AM

me too

Venecia 02-11-2016 05:09 AM

I'm in.

Happy Thursday, W'enders!

Della1968 02-11-2016 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Olive1 (Post 5790750)
What she said. ;)

What they said!! Morning all!:You_Rock_

HighDraw18 02-11-2016 05:13 AM

Guilt and anxiety have always been tough for me.

Gotta stay in the present.

BixBees505 02-11-2016 05:20 AM

I'm in!
Freedom!

MesaMan 02-11-2016 05:34 AM

John just got his 10th DUI
John said it was due to eating Beer Battered Fish
John is staring down 12.5 Years in Prison

Don't be like John

- Wisconsin Beer Battered Fish Defense On 10th DUI -

Oh, and Jen... That Pic I put up recently of the Panties stuck on a Gal's Hoodie by Static wasn't directed specifically at anyone here. I promise. :angel:

Way to bag Shotgun, Lunar, on yet another fine Thread by Ken!

Weasel1966 02-11-2016 05:43 AM

Welcome HighDraw!

Good to see everyone filing in for the weekend!

Frustrated at work today. Going to back off a bit and let things just lay. Perfection is not necessary.

K

LBrain 02-11-2016 05:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
good topic Ken.

I know all about guilt.

I didn't expect to look out the window this morning and see new white stuff covering the ground. It's around 15 (-10) and a bit windy. I saw 'my' chickadees brushing the new snow aside to get at the seeds.

Plugged computer into big screen and watched 'training modules' instead of netflix last night. I wonder what the range is on a wireless mouse...

It's suppose to get very cold here and colder up in weaselville - and snow. Not apposed to go above freezing for the next five days with a half foot of snow on Monday, the wife's birthday and she wants to go out! It's also presidents day - more on that later.

LUNAR!

brynn 02-11-2016 05:50 AM

Congrats on shotgun lunar!

At least Johns lawyer is creative???? Glad I stopped at 2 DWIs....those were bad enough. I try not to live in the past....that's guilts favorite domain. I work at living responsibly and humbly, now. I know the things that lead to a guilty conscience and I steer clear of those things now.

Off to work yippee!
Xoxo

brynn 02-11-2016 05:52 AM

Welcome to the bus, HighDraw! :)

happyandfree 02-11-2016 06:12 AM

Good morning!
I'm in...

Dharma33 02-11-2016 06:18 AM

Hi, Enders!

Great intro, Weasel!

We are driving to upstate NY this weekend for my son's gymnastics meet. Road trip through MI, OH, PA:) Cow counting, here we come....! I'd welcome any ideas for car ride games.

My youngest has the stomach flu but appears on the mend, however my packing and errands for the trip have come to a screeching halt. Pray, send mojo, whatever you've got....that this one doesn't float to everyone in the house. :gaah

I wish everyone a safe, sober and guilt-free weekend.

LBrain 02-11-2016 06:18 AM

I was looking at the photo in the bay news about the beer batter guy. I was waiting to read, "A 47 year old Wisconsin man..."
I guess he blames that gin blossom on beer batter as well...

And since I am discussing topical news. One wonders whether or not all songs come from a real experience or just imagination - 'just my imagination' is a good song too.

Might as well start us out with a tune dedicated to our gal up in Canada... not that there's anything wrong with that...

LBrain 02-11-2016 06:24 AM

trivia time: when this album was first released there was a photo of Lucille Ball in one of the 'windows'. After a hasty lawsuit they had to reissue the album and recall what what still on the shelves. And a few other changes were made.
If you have that 'original' album cover it is worth HUNDREDS of dollars. Mine is a first release with the new and improved cover art. darn...

Also dedicated to our gal from Up North:

BD84 02-11-2016 06:26 AM

BD84 is in!

MesaMan 02-11-2016 06:44 AM

Speaking of 'I Love Lucy'...

The original Sets in a cavernous Sound Stage Building...

http://i64.tinypic.com/29xageu.jpg

Ruby2 02-11-2016 06:55 AM

I'm in. Sending wishes of a healthy household and safe trip, Dharma.

Hard to let go of the guilt sometimes but it is so important.

Congrats Lunar on double barrel shotgun.

Four day weekend for me starting tomorrow. Yes!

LBrain 02-11-2016 07:01 AM

Mesa, I wonder if your name comes from where you live or from mesa amps...

anyway, here's the scoop on the original album cover (wiki) that could fetch around 30 bucks in good condition - better to keep it really... there actually was never a lawsuit - just the threat was enough...

The album cover for Some Girls had concept origination, art direction and design by Peter Corriston, who would conceive and design the next three album covers as well. [2] An elaborate die-cut design, with colours varying on different sleeves, it featured The Rolling Stones faces alongside those of select female celebrities inserted into a copy of an old Valmor Products Corporation advertisement. The cover design was challenged legally when Lucille Ball, Farrah Fawcett, Liza Minnelli (representing her mother Judy Garland), Raquel Welch, and the estate of Marilyn Monroe threatened to sue for the use of their likenesses without permission.[2] Similarly, Valmor did take legal action and were given a monetary award for the use of their design.[7]

The album was quickly re-issued with a redesigned cover that removed all the celebrities whether they had complained or not, and were replaced with black and punk style garish colours with the phrase Pardon our appearance - cover under re-construction. Jagger later apologised to Minnelli when he encountered her during a party at the famous discothèque Studio 54. The only celebrity whose face was not removed was that of ex-Beatle George Harrison. A third version of the album cover with hand-drawn women was found on the 1986 CD reissue.
source WIKIPEDIA

I'll go away now ;)