Notices

Guiltless Weekender Feb 12

Old 02-12-2016, 07:33 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Diverse Daze here in MesaVille...

I met this Realtor Gal at the Dog Park who wound up with the Sibling Dog of another Dog Park Gal Pal [a Waitress]. MesaDog took right to her Dog - as he does Sibling Dog - and they wrestled like there's no tomorrow.

She specializes in Marketing Foreclosed Houses, and finding Properties for Folks relocating locally to grow and sell Pot. As opposed to even more Plants prior, new State Laws allow growing only 99 Plants. Folks then 'lease' Medical Marijuana Licenses from others to enable legally growing 'their' 99 Plants. And, so on. Growers mistakenly think they're moving to some Mayberry Town that's under the Radar, and that's just not the case. She also manages some 80 Senior, Fixed Income Rentals. The Seniors torch up, too, for various Ailments, so she has to be careful there's no Pot 'issues' at Properties. This Realtor torches up only at Night to reduce Back Pain. She's spearheading a big Animal Shelter Fundraiser tomorrow.

Her Husband got one of the first Medical Marijuana Cards in 2007. All he did thereafter was sit around on the Couch and smoke, so she Divorced him after 23 Years of Marriage. Meanwhile, I'ze just standing around watching the Cranes, and some Eagles that did a fly-by. I guess I look like a good Listener. It's easy when you can't get a word in edge-wise.

The 30-something Waitress Pal mentioned above just got her first DWAI/DUI. She opted for the Blood Test, and doesn't know what she tested out at. That screwed her plans to amicably move out from her BF -another Pal of mine - because her Rent Money needs to go to a Lawyer. They couldn't resolve the 'shall we have Kids' issue, so she'd planned to relocate. Nix_nay on that Plan for now...

I see a couple of Trucks going really slow on our lil road. Between them is an escaped Cow they're herding 'Home'. I shut off the Truck and sat there listening to Led Zep until the Cow got past. Standard Rural Procedure to ensure no Cow or Truck damage. Then, this Road-side Deer stood there looking right at me and leaped in front of my Truck just as I got near. A near miss, that one. I'd be smoking a Cigarette by now had I been drinking because I would have been seriously screwed by slowed response time.

Just another Day in The Wild West. I scarfed a bunch of Chocolate. Must be Candytrons in the Air today...
Old 02-12-2016, 07:39 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

I had sugar craving something fierce today too- but I just bought some strawberries with low fat, low sugar whipped cream 40 cals for 3 tablespoons or something
Old 02-12-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I got into the Valentine's Day candy conversation hearts today. Bought a bag a couple of days ago. Only had two tiny handfuls, though. Not terrible. Those puppies are solid sugar.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

I am going to eat ice cream for my sugar.

Sao, congratulations on winning! That's exciting. Can't see the pic on my phone.

Trees, I love the cicadas. Summer sound.

Brynn, I always feel like I'm going to get pulled over an edge, not jump. Hate that.

Husband is 10 years younger. Age difference isn't our primary problem.

I'm about ready to start for bed. Kids both sleeping. Son had major headache and went down early.

Speaking of sons. LA, that's great news about the test. I worry about my son and his grades too. He just got his report card and did far better than expected but still a C in math. He's very good at math but very sloppy in his work and rushes. It's part of his ADHD I'm sure. He's not on an IEP. I've been debating. But, after that long bit of fluff, I wanted to say I understand where you're coming from.

Wind has picked up. Wind chill warning tonight that it'll be -15° to -25° F tonight. Super cold. I'm glad I'm nice and warm and cozy.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:52 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

To go out and play poker or stay at home?!?! Can't decide!

Avatar: bran castle Romania ( Transylvania)
Aka: Dracula's castle
Old 02-12-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I'd stay home but that's just me. I was just thinking about the earlier posts about going clubbing. Too late for me. It's 10 and I'm ready to settle into bed. Heard a bunch of odd noise just now. Yelling. Car horns. Hockey game just got out up the street. New ixe rink/gymnastics center. This is the first time I've heard the post game crowd.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:29 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
I'd stay home but that's just me. I was just thinking about the earlier posts about going clubbing. Too late for me. It's 10 and I'm ready to settle into bed. Heard a bunch of odd noise just now. Yelling. Car horns. Hockey game just got out up the street. New ixe rink/gymnastics center. This is the first time I've heard the post game crowd.
Yeah I decided to stay in
They already started the first hand and told me they'd text when the next game starts, but it's 9:30 now so I'm thinking I'm too lazy to go.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Just got off the phone with 56! I like him! He talks in a slow soothing way and is very thoughtful about what he says. He asked me a lot of meaningful questions and shared some of his own stuff, too. He's a good person. We're going to meet for coffee soon. I told him I needed to get through tomorrow before making a plan. Now this is where it always gets sticky. When to tell him about my disgusting past life! How to explain why I'm only working part time....I mean at some point he has to know. When he finds out my last name he can easily see my criminal record. THIS is a huge part of why I keep to myself! It's hard to be real AND try and hide all this past garbage!! Suggestions?!?! Seriously...I don't know how to handle this and I don't want to screw it up by being evasive!

Guess I'll eat a kit kat while I contemplate.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:06 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

He doesn't really need to know Brynn, its none of his business at this point.
And if you're not drinking, you don't really need to explain all the horrors of the past- just say you don't drink because its not good for you.
If you gotta tell him about the DUI's- he probably won't care- its almost weird nowadays if a person doesn't have a DUI.
Plus he'll probably like it- damsel in distress kinda thing xoxo
Old 02-12-2016, 09:06 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

There's not a hope my new boyfriends will hear about half the stuff I've done.
Not.a.hope
Old 02-12-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Argh, just woke up with a horrible nightmare! Hopefully will get back to sleep.

Nice pic Sao and well done on golf victory.

Well done on avoiding collision LB. I never drank and drive, but I was certainly impaired due to hangover's.

Hey Brynn, that's great you like this chap. Slow down, you don't need to tell him anything yet. Get to know each other first. You are way more than some of your past actions!!

Other posts referred to staying in and getting an early night on Friday. That suits me fine now. I used to go out on Friday and return on Sunday. Or go out of my mind on Friday and return on Thursday. So many wasted weekends doing nothing, altering your brain chemistry.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:18 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Jesus that was a weird dream involving a snowy wilderness and dogs.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:19 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
Maybe you were astro travelling over here to Canada!
Old 02-12-2016, 09:20 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Hey guys! You were all busy on the thread today!

I came home from a good day at work, took a nice hot shower, made chamomile and got the dishes and laundry going. I'll start looking for snacks soon or make a meal.

I'm glad I'm at home sober. Feels really really good. I might go poking around for a movie on Netflix.

I'm gonna see the guy I went on a couple dates with this week tmro. Should be a nice time. He came to my work the other night and helped me in the kitchen. It's nice to have a sober chef interested in me. I'm trying to go somewhat slow, I wasn't thinking I would meet someone so fast. The horse is kind of out of the barn already. He says he likes me a lot and some other statements that are very sweet.

We'll see. I haven't heard anything from my ex. I finally texted him tonight and said I miss your son, how is he? I know that was a little desperate and maybe not the best move, but my heart is broken still about all this.

So with all that and me drinking last week, I feel like I need to take things slow with SoberChef. That's what I'll call him. But I don't know how to take things slow, I have never done that.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:22 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
It was a bummer reading you were having negative thoughts earlier. Do you feel better now? I hope so.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

I don't know how to take things slow either Melina, so for now I kinda take them nowhere.
Just date casually and enjoy myself.
Not sure what the hell I'll do if I really actually fall for someone.
So maybe I am taking things slow? I don't know.

I just know sitting at home every night isn't good for me, I used to drink wine alone at home.
I try to go out on dates, with a friend or just by myself somewhere.
I was getting really weird about not going anywhere, so I could sit alone with my wine.
Better to keep social and active.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
...holds the key

((Behan)) hope you can get back to sleep.

Melina....sober chef sounds great! And I've never taken things slow before either...have no idea how go do that. That's why I'm worried about having to explain certain things...not everything, just certain things....because he can find out on his own and that would be disasterous.

I need more candytrons and less bumtrons!

Sweet dreams all
Xoxoxo
Old 02-12-2016, 09:31 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Sending good dream vibes your way behan!
Old 02-12-2016, 09:33 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Let him find out on his own Brynn.
I don't have a criminal record- but I've had a few of run ins with the law.
I was worried the cop I was seeing was gonna spy on me ( run ins with police are kept recorded even if not charged)
But then I thought if he goes snooping and gets upset, then thats his own damn fault! Haha
Old 02-12-2016, 09:37 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Mesa...you really must have that I'm a great listener look about you! You meet lots of interesting folks at the dog park that's for sure! I always find it fascinating how much stuff complete strangers, and casual acquaintances, are willing to tell!