Notices

60 day VICTORY!

Old 02-12-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks Delilah1

Nowsthetime- "haunts me" yep, it's a nightmare.

I'll get though it. I'm looking forward to some more positive aspects of life. On top of everything else I'm sick. It's started around Wednesday. I'm probably returning it for where it came.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

A huge congrats on 60+ days.
You sound bitter about the jail time and I know it isn't fun but that DUI might be the reason you made the change..... As long as that reason only led to irritating jail time/humility/financial costs.... it might have actually been a gift the Dallas Courts gave you and your future. (side note: I spent two nights in the main downtown Dallas jail as a result of drinking....only took me 20 more years to never drink again...)
Two more weeks....picture the things you will be able to do with your time, soberly, afterwards!
Best wishes to you.
Jonathan
Old 02-15-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well, I'm out!! typical Monday. I'm tired and a bit depressed. Only time I really feel like drinking is Mondays. One more full weekend in the pit then that part is pretty much over. That will be nice as I don't like feelingly like this. Yesterday and today I was worried about getting a 3'rd DUI-like that's going to happen by some accident. I have no desire to drink today or any other day it's just the weekly beat down that puts the thoughts in my head. I'll feel better tomorrow and the next day right up until Saturday.

I bought a new rifle (M1 Garand) Friday. Going to my sponsors ranch first weekend in March to shoot some hogs. That should be therapeutic. We are also going to work the steps. One day at a time.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thats awesome - sounds like a huge difference from 60 days ago!!!
Old 02-16-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

60 days is amazing
Old 02-16-2016, 10:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Ouch, my post on the 12'th was a bit rough. I don't want anyone thinking my life/recovery is all roses. It's more enjoyable to read positive posts but like everyone I have my moments. And I'm pasted it. It's Tuesday and I feel great or at least pretty darn good. No cravings and just a few weak thoughts. Tomorrow it will be even better. After I render unto Ceaser next weekend I'm going to try to plan more constructive ways to spend my weekends. Boy that's not going to be too tough a task

I appreciate all the support and kind words all of you have given me. A fella couldn't have finer battle buddies.
Best Regards
Chris