Notices

Day 1

Old 02-07-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

I had an okay day today. I slept in, had pizza for lunch, went to a meeting tonight, and picked up a white chip. There were only 2 other women besides me in the meeting, the rest were men. The chair person was funny so that was cool but I did not get any #s of women to reach out to. At least for today, I am not drinking.

This week is going to be really busy. I work 10 hour shifts Monday and Tuesday, I took Wednesday off so I could clean the house before my mom gets here for a visit Wednesday night. She is staying the night and then I have an appointment very early in the morning on Thursday with an oral surgeon. To get all 4 wisdom teeth removed. I will probably do a lot of sleeping for the rest of that day and Friday we are having all the kitchen cabinets torn out and replaced. Saturday I work and Sunday my new roommate is going to start moving in. If I can not drink through all of that, it will be incredible. I guess all I can do is focus on the one day I am in.

Since I probably will not be able to sleep much tonight, I should do some cleaning. Maybe split the cleaning into sections. If by some miracle I do fall asleep and can wake up early enough I could go to an 8am meeting before I go to work tomorrow. But if not, I will be happy if I can just get to work on time.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Congratulations on making it through the day sober! It sounds as if you are off to a good start on your busy week. Things will go well as long as you don't drink!
Old 02-07-2016, 08:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Focus on today. Stay sober the rest of the night. You can do it. Don't give in. If you get the thought of drinking just throw it out the window. Don't romance the thought. If you stay in contact with AAers and SRers your chances are significantly raised. Just don't pick up!
Old 02-07-2016, 08:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just take it a day at a time IJM.
I'm glad you went to AA.

D
Old 02-08-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning SR, I made it through the first sober night. I did not get much sleep. I went to bed at 4am, did not fall asleep right away, and woke up at 7am but didn't get out of bed for a while. The good news is I will get to work on time this morning, and even have time to pick up something for breakfast on the way. Hope everyone has a great Monday.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations making a day 1 IJM