Notices

Opiate Addiction and Going Through Withdrawal

Old 02-07-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Opiate Addiction and Going Through Withdrawal

I am new to all the this. I told myself that I should write on here while I'm going through my withdrawals. I am currently on day 4 and it seems to be going okay, but I did have a few questions and concerns that I would love some support and input from. It seems as though the days aren't too bad, but as soon as 7 at night comes along my withdrawals seem to get worse. But I'm not sure why I am feeling what I am feeling and I am confused as to whether or not this is normal. That's why I'm here. I've been having a very strong painful feeling in my upper right ribs area just below my right breast. It really feels like muscle pain but when I push it does hurt. Throughout the day it's not so bad, but at night it has been keeping me up, along with the back pain as well. I guess what I am concerned about is a few things. Is this pain normal? Is it normal to feel your muscle pains and body aches more at night time? I think that that is all for now. I greatly appreciate all of the help that I will receive. I'm looking forward to posting on here more and maybe getting some support through all this. Thanks again!
Old 02-07-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't know anything about opiate w/d. I'd advise asking your doctor for help.
Old 02-07-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

General aches in the back and joints etc. are normal but a specific area that you are describing should probably be checked out by a doctor.

You may also have injured yourself and did not realize it at the time.

Hope you start feeling better and welcome to SR.
Old 02-07-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Welcome brooke.

A pinpoint pain like that is not normal but I am not a doctor. My withdrawal symptoms were pretty easy but around the clock.

I agree that you should get checked out just to be sure. Like Blacky said, you may have hurt yourself and didn't realize it.
Old 02-07-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you on Day 4!

I hope you talk to your dr about the pain you are feeling.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Brooke

I vote for the Dr too -the great likelihood is it's nothing but no one here is a Dr.

you'll feel better for knowing?

D
Old 02-08-2016, 10:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Brooke!!
Old 02-08-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

People with far more experience than me here but opiate withdrawals are no joke. Maybe seek some medical advice?

Good luck!
Old 02-08-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Brooke, it seems pretty normal to me, my withdrawals lessened and intensified throughout the day as well. Each day will slowly get better and before you know it you'll feel better. As for the pain, I had weird pains here and there and it was just me feeling everything that was masked by the opiates for so long.

As for your specific pain, its probably nothing to worry about but only a Dr. can really help you identify whats causing it.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Brooke
Old 02-08-2016, 12:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Brooke, I would definitely see a doctor about that. However, I have had the same type of pain. I am an alcoholic an can only speak about my alcohol addiction, but I do get a pain in my upper right chest/breast area. I have noticed it is worse when I smoke cigarettes.
I did see a doctor and had every test under the sun (sonograms, x-rays, blood work, electrocardiograms, etc etc ) and I was fine, but that doesn't mean you are. Do see a doctor and if they tell you everything is fine then you can relax knowing it is just a part of recovery.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks!

Thank you for all the welcomes and advice. I greatly appreciate it

Pain has lessened a lot but still there. I will be calling the doc in the morning if I notice it still.

Thanks again! On day 5... going strong!
Old 02-08-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm glad you found this site Brooke; this site has been key for me in my recovery It's always nice to talk with people who have been or are going through similar experiences.