Notices

Day 1

Old 02-07-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey CloudStrife. Hope you'll join us in the Class of February 2016 here. I've found it's good to talk with others who are also new on this journey of recovery. Wishing you the best today!
Old 02-07-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back CloudStrife

so whats your plan?

D
Old 02-07-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back CloudStrife

so whats your plan?

D
Hi Dee and thanks
I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor this week to get checked out.
I also plan on making an appointment to speak with a therapist.
I need to address my tendency to self isolate. I want to "come clean" to a few family members and friends for added accountability.
Signed up online for a gym today so I can develop some healthier interests and routines.
I've been reading a lot of Buddhist philosophy lately and it is really speaking to me. So I'm looking for ways to incorporate Buddhism into my recovery process.

I know its going to be a lot of hard work. This last drinking cycle has really ingrained in me how serious, progressive, and deadly this disease is. Feeling a bit overwhelmed and scared because I'm realizing what a sham my life has become. But I'm beginning to understand that my life will be okay as long as I don't drink.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to see you, CloudStrife. You are back with new determination and resolve. I think you learned something valuable. I needed further convincing too - long after I knew it was poison to me. We can do this, together.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Hevyn. I've made a decision to not be deaf, dumb, and blind to what alcohol is doing to my life.
We CAN do this!
Old 02-07-2016, 09:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Good luck cloud, sounds like you have some good ideas on how to begin your sober journey.

One word of advice is to take it slow one day at a time, sometimes even one minute at a time. If you try to do too much too fast it can get overwhelming. Stay focused on being sober, start with small goals and move forward from there. Before you know it they will start amounting to a lot.

It took a long time to get where you are now and there is no quick way out but there is a way and that begins with zero alcohol.

I am glad your going to see your Dr. That is really important.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

Hello CloudStrife, welcome to SR.

I just wanted to say that I started playing Final Fantasy VII a couple of months ago and it's been one of the most amazing experiences in my sober journey. I was always up to playing fighting and racing games when drunk, so when I got sober playing a RPG was very refreshing.

My secret was to come back here every day, if not posting, at least reading other people's stories.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You can do this!! Day 1 is fantastic!!
Old 02-08-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi cloud. Great you are back ! The best advice I got early on, which isn't all aways easy to do, was be kind to yourself. Put yourself and your recovery first. Reach out either to us or others, ESPECIALLY when things are tough. And I am finding that sometimes I just need to let my mind and my emotions do what they need to do, but not to go with them, if that makes sense. Please stay with us this time. Sending you strength. We are all in this together.