Notices

How many Day 1's did you have?

Old 02-06-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

You done good SL
Old 02-06-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good for you not caving and drinking that wine! That's a bigger step than you probably realize at the moment given you are just trying to get through the day right now. The night will likely be rough but keep drinking water. The sweating is your body excreting toxins so, while unpleasant, it's not a bad thing. Just stay hydrated and stay as positive as you can. A good attitude goes a long way! On to day 2! Stay close to us here on SR and feel free to reach out whenever you need that extra support.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you ZeldaFan and sober wolf -- i'm doing a lot better physically then i was this morning and I've only spent half the day googling cirrhosis symptoms (Yes, I know this is common in early recovery and to stay away from Dr Google butI can't help it --- Amazing how concerned we become about the damage we've done to our bodies when we try and stop doing damage but when in active drinking continue right on doing it)
Old 02-06-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Probably over 300 because it took me a year from the time I realized I had a problem and tried to stop- to actually stop
Old 02-06-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

A few.

I kept coming back, kept trying. Reconsidering. I didn't give up on change. I knew change was possible.

There was a point in time where I realized I'd have to jump in with both feet, and have faith that I could do it -- that I could live a sober life. That I could be a success story.

It was important for me to realize it wasn't "inevitable" that I'd return to the alcohol time and again. I could draw a line in the sand.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

More than I can remember.. But I'm on day 28 and hopeful that this is my final recovery xx

Good luck
Old 02-06-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

For the better part of 30 years every day I woke up was a day one. Unfortunately 99.99% of the time I didn't make it thru the day. You don't want to do that.