Notices

So you reckon you can have just a couple???

Old 02-06-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Math works. If you don't have one, you can't get to ten. If you are a true to rights alcoholic, your only real protection is to not have the first one.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Many times I can just have a couple, that's why my addiction is so dangerous. Other times I binge. I really have to control over it. Alcohol controls me. 1 wee sober
Old 02-06-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Glad that the post was helpful. Also I just have to share that I have just given my partner a chocolate bar he bought for me last night because he ate all of his yesterday and I couldn't bear the pitiful look on his face lol I think I may be an enabler!!!!!!! 😕
Old 02-06-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
The really frightening part for me is that I can moderate. Sometimes.

I quit drinking for many years. Found myself having a drink without really giving it a lot of thought. Didn't have another one for weeks. Then slowly, insidiously, it started to change.

Within a few short years, I was an all day every day drinker. I wanted to die. I was depressed and afraid of my own shadow. It took me two years longer to quit again. There were still days when I would have "only" a couple beers. I guess you could try to call that moderation.

Moderation. It works until it doesn't. I didn't get any warning postcards. I was suddenly hooked. I went from occasional drinker to daily alcoholic. I don't ever want to go through that again. Moderation will never work for me.
Exactly.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Great analogy. Thank you for sharing and I am going to keep that in mind.

ps. It is why I log-in to this site everyday. There is something to learn from everyone.