Notices

Day 13

Old 02-05-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 13

Almost two weeks with no alcohol and it hasn't been bad. I'm worried because it's Friday and I can hear my AV getting louder.. It even took me a few minutes to convince myself I should post on here.. I'm fighting it and I really want to stay clear and not spiral off into a blackout or binge. It's hard when you feel like your mind is working against you but I just have to avoid that first drink and remind myself that I don't want just one. I'm going to be better off without it, and my mind will be able to clear through the fog if I give it a real chance!
Old 02-05-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 13 is fantastic Kdg!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 02-05-2016, 09:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi kdg...well done on your journey so far. Last weekend was my 2nd sober weekend and I found the Friday night especially tough...the whole weekend was rough tbh. But this weekend I feel so much better. Ride this weekend out and know there will be better times ahead x
Old 02-06-2016, 01:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hope you made it, congratulations on 13 days
Old 02-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you made it too kdg.

A plan would really help make things easier tho I think?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
D
Old 02-06-2016, 03:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations on day 13 Kdg
Old 02-06-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone.. I made it through last night although it was tough but tonight is one my friends birthdays and we are supposed to go for dinner ... They are going out after and I already made it clear I won't be attending .. Only dinner for me.. Part of me feels so bad about myself like how sad that I'm not capable of going out with my friends.. But I guess that's just part of wanting to be sober more than wanting to drink and I know this is the right choice for me but it is very hard especially when peer pressure and letting people down come into play. I have to put myself first and I'm sick of my mind just trying to reason why it's okay to go out tonight and party! Ugh I'm struggling but I know I am strong and can get through this. I would be lying tho if I didn't say I have convinced myself a few times into believing I could go out and have just a few and even if that's true it will just start the vicious cycle over until I black out again and feel horrible about myself. I'm here tho trying to make a difference in my life
Old 02-06-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for the continued support
Old 02-06-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think it's good that you are choosing to stay home when you think that heavy drinking is the goal of a night out. I don't go to parties or bars when I know there will be heavy drinking. There's no need for me to be there and drunk people are annoying!

Eventually you will be able to go out with drinking friends again - or you may find other more interesting people to spend time with who don't think a night out necessarily has to include heavy drinking.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wise decision Kdg keep on building them sober muscles
Old 02-06-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

kdg, 13 days is great. Keep focused on adding a couple zero's to that number and I'm guessing you will thank yourself for it. And you'll deserve it.