Notices

Today hasnt started well

Old 02-03-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today hasnt started well

... woke up in a bad mood. Kids got me upset (well one of the two did). Pissy all the way to work, now pissy at work because I am doing something I shouldnt have to do...

ugh what a day and its only an hour into work... &%$#
Old 02-03-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry that your day has started off badly, jryan.

Try to stay focused on the positives in your life. Quickly write a gratitude list (making sure to put sobriety on that list); look at it and add to it during the day; it always helps me to gain perspective.

Kids can push our buttons. Try to remember that they can wake up in bad moods, too and that just as quickly as they can push our buttons, they can lovingly pull on our heartstrings, too.

Hope your day improves, jryan.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

When the proverbial **** hits the fan, I try to focus on the positives in my life. It is easier said than done, but it works. Also, I always take solace that if I can beat the bottle and be sober, I can overcome anything.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can start your day over at any time. How about a quick Serenity Prayer?

Old 02-03-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel you. Hope your day improves!
Old 02-03-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have tried deep breathing exercises, some yoga breathing etc.

I am sure I am "nic"ing because I havent had a cig since this past Saturday morning...

I was really trying to go nicotine free but I might need to stop off and get some gum.

Thanks for letting me b&%$#
Old 02-03-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That could sure be a part of it, jryan. Have you spoken with your doctor?
Old 02-03-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The puppy woke me at 4:15 am. Again.

Wouldn't leave me alone, so I got up so my Lady could at least sleep. Tried to sleep on couch after feeding puppy... puppy just kept biting my face, wanting to play.

Kids woke up about 6am. Snowday. Workday and snowday. Bigger dog had a vet appointment at 9. Snowblowed the driveway. Mediated a dozen or so fights between daughters.

Went to vet. Back again. Juggling emails and calls for work while trying to mediate a couple dozen more fights between daughters.

Finally gave up and brought daughters to their grammas. Became stuck in the snowbank at their house. Stepfather came to help... hit me in the head with wet heavy snow from the blower as I shoveled my vehicle out. Twice.

Got back home.... dog chewed up various belongings. Hungry. Tried to make and eat food while juggling emails and calls for work. Dog wants out a dozen times or so. Phone's ringing. To-Do list derailed by urgent issues..... give up and mess around on SR a little. Get further behind at a job I really dislike but have to do.... gotta keep paying the bills. Sending child support to unemployed ex. Supporting family. Keeping things afloat.

But you know..... I'm OK. I'm happy. The day didn't start out so hot - but in between all of that, I have a family, two dogs, a home, a job, a snowblower to clear the snow, a place I can vent to friends who understand..... I'm breathing and I'm living and I'm grateful for that.

An actively drinking me would be strongly considering pouring whiskey in my coffee or heading to the store for some vodka and Orange Juice by now. Sober me can see the humor in it and find things to be thankful for.

All of that is simply to say; Boy, I know how that feels - and what I wish for you is enough space in your day to find a slice of gratitude here and there for the fact that you're experiencing today SOBER.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Hiya JR, things will turn out better. Much of the good or bad in our days is not actually in our days, but how we see them.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi JR! I'm sorry you aren't having a great morning. But as Bimini said, you can reset it at any time. When I get like that I close my door and sit in silence for a bit.

I have not yet stopped smoking. However, I have started taking Chantix and it really does help take the edge off. Maybe talk to your doctor?
Old 02-03-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey jryan, I hope your day improves. A pissy mood got to me yesterday, and I did drink over it. Regret it today. Just not worth it. Things will improve, its just a bad moment. Good on you for staying sober thru it.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Do you have an emergency supply of crab cakes on hand for days like this?

If not, you might need to improvise. Just keep that devil alcohol at bay. As long as you do that, you can be confident that today's crappiness will pass.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ruby- Im currently on an antidepressant right now, and Dr said Chantix and my anti depressant will not go well with each other. Its ok, the moment, or hours, have passed. Im better now.

Syracuse (Go Orangemen??) no crab cakes on hand. I do have some frozen Blue Crabs (gutted) from the last crab feast- I might have to dip into them.

And the thing is, I didnt feel the urge to drink. It was more so to smoke.