Suggestions for exciting life

Old 02-01-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

See below!
Old 02-01-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Anyone wanting help with guitar questions, feel free to PM me. I've been playing for 35 years and am formally studied in classical and jazz ... I'll be happy to help share the knowledge.

Music is therapy, for me -- it can be for you, too!
Old 02-01-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Trail Running!

Meditation is challenging for me. Running on trails helps quiet my mind since I need to be fully focused on the next step- to keep upright.

Your "awesome, cool, meaningful, big thing" can be training for a run that's outside your comfort zone.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Travel has been the single most important and meaningful thing I have done with my time and my money. Plan a trip somewhere, it doesn't have to be far, just somewhere different and new.
Years ago, before alcoholism ate me to pieces, I felt like I had accomplished a lot in my life but felt something was missing. I wanted to expand myself culturally and intellectually. I decided to move to a foreign country, learn a new language, make a spot for myself all by myself. So I researched how it would be possible- finances, paperwork, visa, etc. and did it. 10 years later I am still here in my foreign country, I am nearly fluent in the language (though not in the bureaucracy!) and I will be eligible for elective citizenship in two years. Never, ever did I expect this when I was just starting making my plans. And let me be clear, this is no bragging post, what I hope I have conveyed is how easy it is. What holds so many people back is just not getting started. I only had to put one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward.
So cool.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Big thx for all the suggestions.
I practiced my guitar tonight. Tying to learn Ziggy Stardust.
Gonna go bike riding up in the Oakland hills tomorrow morning before my program starts. I made it to phase 2. It was easy. Just gotta show up to classes, stay sober, go to meetings. This part seems pretty involved. 8 hour days. I can't believe I'm doing this. How on earth did I decide to be sober again?!?!?!