Notices

Feeling like never leaving house again!

Old 02-01-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad your here Mia! I know the shame & embarassment you are feeling & know that you do t have to feel like that again. One of the many great things that come with not drinking. lots of support & encouragement here & definetely look at local support.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes promising myself I will never let myself down like that again is comforting, i have struggled with my confidence I think for years and think that's where the alcohol 'helped' such a shame it's never done anything other than turn me into an absolute moron, who I would no doubt hate if I met!
Old 02-01-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Mia keep this place close. Especially as the weekend get closer. If you start craving get on and post or just read. Read when your not craving to help prepare for when you do. Reading other peoples experiences made a HUGE difference. I just read yours and my sobriety is stronger because of it.

Thank you for posting and welcome!
Old 02-01-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Welcome to SR Mia
I would suggest that you make a plan (Soberwolf posted a good link) and also that you join the class of February so you will get support from your peers who quit at the same time.
The class of Jan 2013 really helped me. Nothing like networking with those who are going through similar things
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-1-a.html

I also hope you will join us at the 24 hours recovery connections where we commit not to drink or drug for that day. It is a fun, supportive way to hold ourselves accountable
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5773263
Old 02-01-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Your story really spoke to me, Mia. So glad you are here...you can do this!
Old 02-01-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome Mia.
This group has been a godsend.
129 days sober.
Don't forget what brought you here. Don't beat yourself up with it, but remember. Remember until you have created new memories, then let them take its place. I'm learning that new behavior IS replacing the hurt I've caused my family. Wounds are healing.....a bit more each sober day.
Hang on honey. SR IS ALWAYS HERE FOR YOU.
Blessings.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
GramParsons

..Two years ago at a Super Bowl Party,I got really drunk at my wife's Moms club..I was barely maintaining but them I stupidly took a couple hits on a joint( I don't smoke).. Then passed out on their porch in the cold rain and could not stand or walk...I was cussing out every one...They had to drag me out in the rain and splill me in our car...My wife was chewing me out for embarrassing her when I puked all over her twice when she was driving me home..She left me in the car and went inside totally pissed.....And I drank the next day.....wasn't ready yet to stop....Now,a week sober,I look back so embarrassed but happy now I'm clean....
Old 02-01-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Wow, that story does help- welcome to the shame club! It's really inspiring hearing so many good things on here and also those of us that are beginning. I have wanted to speak this freely for so long but when people don't understand it's hard. Thanks everyone- I'm already feeling better about facing those that witnessed my drunken melt down. I will go forth and be strong and know I'm not going to be that person again. (Probably won't be invited to a wedding again but I'm actually okay with that!)
Old 02-01-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Mia!!
Old 02-01-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm really glad you joined us, Mia. We all understand the feelings of humiliation and regret.

Alcohol caused me to do many out-of-character things. I was so upset that for a while I just kept drinking, not wanting to face the painful facts. I'm glad you are recognizing what happened & vowing to make a change in your life. Staying numb solves nothing, as you know. Be kind to yourself. You can rise above this - we're here to help.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:29 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Mia83, your "adventure" isn't unique. As bad as it was we tend think more about our foibles than others do. In other words I get more twisted about my behaviors than others. They don't have to live with it so usually move on fairly quickly. If the others drink then they may have done the same thing at some point. Anyway it's done and in the past.

If you google AA and the name of your town several meetings should pop up. At Speaker Meetings only the speaker will talk. At other meetings if you don't wish to speak just say "I'm hear to listen". Probably best to just listen at first-you will hear your story or parts of it. There is comfort in that and you will know they will not be judging you.

I make plans to do something when I would be drinking. 6 Pm is my witching hour. Don't be setting around the house. Plan to go to a movie, meeting, the park for a walk, anything that didn't formerly involve drinking.

Read a lot about AV on here. I find knowing about it Very helpful.

Congratulations, you only needed to embarrass yourself, I needed 5 DUI's. Oh and embarrass myself.